Review: could Pantoprazole cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Pantoprazole, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Pantoprazole sodium, and have Pain.
We study 29,080 people who have side effects while taking Pantoprazole from FDA and social media. Among them, 301 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Pantoprazole and have Weight gain >>>
Pantoprazole has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from 29,748 Pantoprazole users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 29,080 people reported to have side effects when taking Pantoprazole. Among them, 301 people (1.04%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Pantoprazole when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||5.26%||26.32%||5.26%||31.58%||21.05%||5.26%||5.26% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Pantoprazole * :
|Weight gain||72.11%||27.89% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Pantoprazole * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||1.22%||1.63%||3.66%||6.10%||18.70%||21.14%||47.56% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Pantoprazole ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||40.00%||46.67%||13.33% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (35 people, 11.63%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (32 people, 10.63%)
- Depression (24 people, 7.97%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (18 people, 5.98%)
- Sleep disorder (17 people, 5.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pantoprazole sodium (109 people, 36.21%)
- Aspirin (73 people, 24.25%)
- Lorazepam (45 people, 14.95%)
- Lisinopril (44 people, 14.62%)
- Potassium chloride (43 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of pantoprazole and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Pantoprazole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Pantoprazole
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Myrbetriq, Carafate, Protonix, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Rifampin, Cefuroxime, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Low Vitamin D, Ovarian Cyst, Bladder, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Muscle Relaxer, Neuropathy, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Anxiety.
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Bricanyl, Ventolin for a 51-year old man with Asthma. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Pantoprazole related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Prilosec Otc, Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole for a 60-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Pantoprazole Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 48-year old man who has Dariusz
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Pantoprazole, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.