Review: could Paroxetine hydrochloride cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Paroxetine hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycodone hcl, and have Depression.
We study 3,571 people who have side effects while taking Paroxetine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Paroxetine hydrochloride and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Paroxetine hydrochloride has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paroxetine hydrochloride 3,999 users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Narcotic abuse 10,555 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 3,565 people reported to have side effects when taking Paroxetine hydrochloride. Among them, 9 people (0.25%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Paroxetine hydrochloride when people have Narcotic abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Narcotic abuse||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Paroxetine hydrochloride * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||11.11% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Paroxetine hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2 people, 22.22%)
- Abnormal behaviour (1 people, 11.11%)
- Paraparesis (1 people, 11.11%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 11.11%)
- Pain (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycodone hcl (2 people, 22.22%)
- Ambien (1 people, 11.11%)
- Neurontin (1 people, 11.11%)
- Reglan (1 people, 11.11%)
- Miralax (1 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Paroxetine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Paroxetine hydrochloride and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Paroxetine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anyone experience heart palpitations causedby their acid reflux ?
I have had acid reflux/Gerd for 4 years + Was not believed that symptoms were real for a while as had no heartburn and a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia which even now some medics think is imaginary...it's NOT!!! Following a demeester score of 45 ( very high confirmation of acid reflux) and discovery of a large hiatal hernia, ( a classic physical cause of acid reflux) I had hernia repair operation and LINX anti reflux surgery. Throughout the four years a major symptom of my acid reflux were heart palpatations. They started at the same time I started with reflux and cleared up after the surgery. I have been reflux free palpitation free and antacid free for four months. then I was put on Gabapentin for back spasm and the reflux returned along with the palpitations. Medics keep insisting this is just anxiety yet eat a food that gives me reflux also starts the palps which is the indicator of the reflux as I do not have heartburn. Comes on when relaxing and eating watching tv ( no anxiety present) and when I am sleeping peacefully ( no anxiety present) my heart wakes me up and fires off into tachycardia. Recently a doctor has said it is now known that acid reflux irritates the nerves in the solar plexus area and that triggers the palps. Anyone else experienced this? Are there any studies on it at all? Thanks all.
- Is clozapine simular to suboxen
I am withdrawing from heroin and im out of suboxen will clozapine work simularly , will it help at all or hurt
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the tic sites, some with a rash.
A year later some strange things began: high fever, life-long right-side tendency for tonsillitis, persistent 'mononucleosis', poor memory, low energy, and migraines which eventually became the scourge of my adult life. All that hidden under a blanket of high emotional stress caused by life-altering changes in the family.
2010: diagnosed with well developed Parkinson's Disease (PD).
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
- Paxil and metoclopramide
I have been on 10mg of paxil for 7 yrs just diagnosed with Gastroparisis and now taking reglan 3x a day
More questions for: Paroxetine hydrochloride, Narcotic abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bedwetting with paxil and wellbutrin
I have been using both of these drugs and now have bedwetting issues 5 times a week on average. I would rate the bedwetting as moderate about a6/10 but my wife and I can live with this as she had made the comment " you are back to the man I married ". I started taking these due to depression about work and anxiety about work. We both think we can live with the bedwetting as no one needs to know about it
- Novocaine at the dentist office
Novocain makes me shake, makes my blood rush through my hands so bad that others can feel it just by touching them, and makes my breasts hurt.
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was around 47 I broke my wrist and then learned I was close to full blown osteoporosis. Five years ago I broke my humerus and then found that not only did I have osteoporosis but to a degree of a woman of 80. I had Prolia infusion 2 years ago and it reversed my bone loss. Last year my density test showed I was losing bone again and I had a Reclast infusion. I will not know if this has helped until next year. I am fairly sure that the Paxil had some fault in my osteoporosis although I know that my vitamin D levels are very low even after 50,000 units a week. I am not sure if is a combination effect of Paxil and low vitamin D that caused premature osteoporosis. No one in my family has had osteoporosis and no one that I am aware of has taken a SSRI.
More reviews for: Paroxetine hydrochloride, Narcotic abuse
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- In the process of weaning off seroxat. went from 6mg to 0mg and went cold turkey. then back on 12mg and getting palpitation and insomnia for 1 week. Is the palpitation a withdrawal symptom or condition? When I was on 6mg I was fine with no palpitation or anxiety attack.
- I would like to know if the medical treatment i observe for 11 years might influence the apparition of chilaidity's syndrom.
My medical treatment : abilify 15mg
carbamazepine LP 400mg (2*200mg)
Abdominal meteorism began after ...
- Incontinence is intermittent. I thought it was related to a UTI. But it has persisted for almost a year, on and off. It has been two months since intercourse. I assume I must rule out a UTI. I smoke an e cigarette which appears to have no effect, as I've used it the entire time since the incontinenc ...
More related studies for: Paroxetine hydrochloride, Narcotic abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.