Review: could Paxil cause Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Acid reflux is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Vioxx, and have Depression.
We study 68,442 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 92 have Acid reflux. Find out below who they are, when they have Acid reflux and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Paxil and have Acid reflux >>>
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 70,267 users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Acid reflux 10,551 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 68,442 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 92 people (0.13%) have Acid Reflux.
Time on Paxil when people have Acid reflux * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||30.77%||7.69%||7.69%||15.38%||38.46%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Paxil * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||4.76%||2.38%||10.71%||14.29%||45.24%||22.62% |
Severity of Acid reflux when taking Paxil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||71.43%||28.57%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Acid reflux ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (19 people, 20.65%)
- Pain (18 people, 19.57%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (13 people, 14.13%)
- Restless legs syndrome (13 people, 14.13%)
- Muscle spasms (13 people, 14.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (34 people, 36.96%)
- Prilosec (34 people, 36.96%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 28.26%)
- Prevacid (24 people, 26.09%)
- Ativan (23 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acid Reflux while taking Paxil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Paxil and have Acid Reflux
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who have Acid Reflux
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anyone experience heart palpitations causedby their acid reflux ?
I have had acid reflux/Gerd for 4 years + Was not believed that symptoms were real for a while as had no heartburn and a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia which even now some medics think is imaginary...it's NOT!!! Following a demeester score of 45 ( very high confirmation of acid reflux) and discovery of a large hiatal hernia, ( a classic physical cause of acid reflux) I had hernia repair operation and LINX anti reflux surgery. Throughout the four years a major symptom of my acid reflux were heart palpatations. They started at the same time I started with reflux and cleared up after the surgery. I have been reflux free palpitation free and antacid free for four months. then I was put on Gabapentin for back spasm and the reflux returned along with the palpitations. Medics keep insisting this is just anxiety yet eat a food that gives me reflux also starts the palps which is the indicator of the reflux as I do not have heartburn. Comes on when relaxing and eating watching tv ( no anxiety present) and when I am sleeping peacefully ( no anxiety present) my heart wakes me up and fires off into tachycardia. Recently a doctor has said it is now known that acid reflux irritates the nerves in the solar plexus area and that triggers the palps. Anyone else experienced this? Are there any studies on it at all? Thanks all.
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started omeprazole which after taking it for about 2 weeks,I didn't realize that I was stressing and having anxiety due to this drug. but it kept taking it . I got worse and worse every time I tried to do something I would get terrible anxiety and depression and frustration and then I realized that there must be something about this drug that was causing it and I quit taking it. I felt a definite difference when I quit taking it I was not quite so stressed didn't have anxiety I'm still withdrawing from it but I feel like I'm a whole lot better than I would not recommend this to anyone
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
- How many people suffered by gastro intestianal upset by taking paliperidone palmitate?
paliperidone and antacid combonation used??
can anybody tell these combination is apprpriate to take??
details about palaiperidone palmita?
advere effects of paliperidone palmitate?
More questions for: Paxil, Acid reflux
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice, low grade nausea. have had multitude of tests - ie. EGD's, monometry, transesophageal (with transmitter to determine extent of now reflux) Have to eat small amounts of food at a time. Have lost 23 lbs. Affects my every day life - difficult to talk on phone, talking in groups - just limit my socialization. Could not work if I wanted to with voice. Throat is constantly sore.
- Bedwetting with paxil and wellbutrin
I have been using both of these drugs and now have bedwetting issues 5 times a week on average. I would rate the bedwetting as moderate about a6/10 but my wife and I can live with this as she had made the comment " you are back to the man I married ". I started taking these due to depression about work and anxiety about work. We both think we can live with the bedwetting as no one needs to know about it
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of headache as soon as I drank the mixture. Symptoms then disappear within a couple of minutes and I was fine for the rest of the day.
This has been getting worse every morning, until this morning (day 5) where I had to kneel down and focus on breathing.
I can't drink it anymore, my chest hurts and it gets quite scary.
I usually don't eat a lot of garlic anyway, I don't really like it. I'm assuming it's the garlic creating the reaction, as lemon and honey are part of my daily diet.
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Paxil, Acid reflux
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- In the process of weaning off seroxat. went from 6mg to 0mg and went cold turkey. then back on 12mg and getting palpitation and insomnia for 1 week. Is the palpitation a withdrawal symptom or condition? When I was on 6mg I was fine with no palpitation or anxiety attack.
- I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
More related studies for: Paxil, Acid reflux
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.