Home > Paxil > Acid reflux > Paxil and Acid reflux
Review: could Paxil cause Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
We study 68,410 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 92 have Acid reflux. Find out below who they are, when they have Acid reflux and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Paxil and have Acid reflux >>>
Paxil (latest outcomes from 70,237 users) has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) (latest reports from 46,017 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 15, 2014: 68,410 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 91 people (0.13%) have Acid Reflux.
Time on Paxil when people have Acid reflux * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||33.33%||8.33%||8.33%||8.33%||41.67%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Paxil * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||4.82%||2.41%||10.84%||14.46%||44.58%||22.89% |
Severity of Acid reflux when taking Paxil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Acid reflux ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (18 people, 19.78%)
- Pain (18 people, 19.78%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (13 people, 14.29%)
- Restless legs syndrome (13 people, 14.29%)
- Muscle spasms (13 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (34 people, 37.36%)
- Prilosec (34 people, 37.36%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 28.57%)
- Prevacid (24 people, 26.37%)
- Ativan (23 people, 25.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acid Reflux while taking Paxil?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Paxil and have Acid Reflux
- group for people who take Paxil
- group for people who have Acid Reflux
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 months ago):
One Omeprazole every thirdh day works OK
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Paxil, Acid reflux
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- My t.d. and my living hell
I was dianosed with T.D. on Sept. 19, 2013...by a neurologist at St. Peters Hospital in Albany, NY...I was taken there because of concern that I had suffered a stroke...since then, life for, not only me, but my family has pretty much come to a screeching halt...I seemed to have hit the jackpot as fa ...
More reviews for: Paxil, Acid reflux
On eHealthMe, Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Paxil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Paxil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Meloxicam for a 33-year old woman who has Inflammation (14 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Synthroid, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura, Hypothyroidism, Parkinsonian Gait (40 minutes ago)
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (52 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Libido Increased
- Inflammation and Meloxicam
- Pain and Sphincter Of Oddi Dysfunction
Recent user comments
- "Stabbing pain began at about a level 6 only while I w ... " (40 minutes ago)
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (52 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (2 hours ago)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Tuberculous Adenitis
- Silverhull Buckwheat