Paxil and Acid reflux - from FDA reports
Acid reflux is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Acid reflux with Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,781 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
78,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 1,186 people (1.51%) have Acid reflux
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Paxil when people have Acid reflux *:
- < 1 month: 5.91 %
- 1 - 6 months: 28.27 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20.25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 17.3 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.14 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.91 %
- 10+ years: 4.22 %
Gender of people who have Acid reflux when taking Paxil *:
- female: 63.78 %
- male: 36.22 %
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 1.73 %
- 2-9: 0.12 %
- 10-19: 1.23 %
- 20-29: 3.33 %
- 30-39: 10.86 %
- 40-49: 23.83 %
- 50-59: 30.12 %
- 60+: 28.77 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (125 people, 10.54%)
- High Blood Pressure (112 people, 9.44%)
- Multiple Myeloma (94 people, 7.93%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (77 people, 6.49%)
- Osteoporosis (74 people, 6.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (264 people, 22.26%)
- Vioxx (232 people, 19.56%)
- Ativan (214 people, 18.04%)
- Aspirin (196 people, 16.53%)
- Lipitor (189 people, 15.94%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (387 people, 32.63%)
- High Blood Pressure (387 people, 32.63%)
- Breathing Difficulty (341 people, 28.75%)
- Fatigue (319 people, 26.90%)
- Nausea (316 people, 26.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Acid reflux when taking Paxil?
- Check symptoms - is acid reflux caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAcid reflux and drugs with ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcid reflux and Paxil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,152 users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,254 Acid reflux patients).
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Acid refluxAcid reflux
Could your condition cause Acid refluxAcid reflux
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I have been taking Paxil for years now (at least ten) and have lost a great deal of hair particularly on the crown and back of my head and up through the top. I used to have dense wavy/curly hair and now it very sparse. Has anyone had a similar experience and reversed their hair loss by ...
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...