Review: could Paxil cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Depression.
We study 68,483 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 532 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Paxil and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 70,307 Paxil users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 87,267 Atrial fibrillation patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 68,479 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 538 people (0.79%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Paxil when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||21.05%||21.05%||1.75%||21.05%||15.79%||17.54%||1.75% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Paxil * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.78%||1.75%||1.36%||4.87%||22.42%||68.81% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Paxil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (64 people, 11.90%)
- Anxiety (34 people, 6.32%)
- Atrial fibrillation (30 people, 5.58%)
- Hypertension (25 people, 4.65%)
- Diabetes mellitus (23 people, 4.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (180 people, 33.46%)
- Coumadin (169 people, 31.41%)
- Aspirin (160 people, 29.74%)
- Digoxin (141 people, 26.21%)
- Vioxx (96 people, 17.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of paxil and atrial fibrillation on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Paxil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Paxil and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Paxil for a 22-year old man with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Can't Climax During Sex
- A study of side effects of Paxil Cr for a 36-year old man with Panic Disorder. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Recent Paxil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.