Paxil and Atrial fibrillation - from FDA reports
Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Atrial fibrillation with Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,781 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
78,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 599 people (0.76%) have Atrial fibrillation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Paxil when people have Atrial fibrillation *:
- < 1 month: 22.73 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.18 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.55 %
- 1 - 2 years: 15.91 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.18 %
- 5 - 10 years: 15.91 %
- 10+ years: 4.55 %
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Paxil *:
- female: 64.02 %
- male: 35.98 %
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.2 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.22 %
- 20-29: 1.43 %
- 30-39: 1.63 %
- 40-49: 5.51 %
- 50-59: 20.61 %
- 60+: 69.39 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (31 people, 5.18%)
- Multiple Myeloma (25 people, 4.17%)
- Diabetes (24 people, 4.01%)
- Pain (19 people, 3.17%)
- Osteoporosis (19 people, 3.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (170 people, 28.38%)
- Coumadin (149 people, 24.87%)
- Digoxin (125 people, 20.87%)
- Aspirin (118 people, 19.70%)
- Protonix (87 people, 14.52%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (205 people, 34.22%)
- Breathing Difficulty (119 people, 19.87%)
- Pleural Effusion (111 people, 18.53%)
- Hypotension (108 people, 18.03%)
- High Blood Pressure (107 people, 17.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Atrial fibrillation when taking Paxil?
- Check symptoms - is atrial fibrillation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAtrial fibrillation and drugs with ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAtrial fibrillation and Paxil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,152 users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,335 Atrial fibrillation patients).
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Atrial fibrillationAtrial fibrillation
Could your condition cause Atrial fibrillationAtrial fibrillation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...
Has anyone booked good results in using Taurine and L Argine or other supplements in conquering Afib or/and PVC's? I'm recovering from Ablation a view months ago and still have a lots of PVC's and read a lot about these supplements. henk
User reviews to the study
I have been taking Paxil for years now (at least ten) and have lost a great deal of hair particularly on the crown and back of my head and up through the top. I used to have dense wavy/curly hair and now it very sparse. Has anyone had a similar experience and reversed their hair loss by ...
Hi there, thank you for letting me join this group. I have had a-fib for 20 years. I'm thinking of starting Sam-e for depression, and am interested in the effects it has on a-fib, and the associated drugs. Thanks! Sue