Review: could Paxil cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 68,483 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,263 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Paxil and have Diarrhea >>>
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 70,307 Paxil users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 139,351 Diarrhea patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 68,479 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 2,263 people (3.30%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Paxil when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Paxil * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Paxil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (519 people, 22.93%)
- Anxiety (223 people, 9.85%)
- Pain (169 people, 7.47%)
- Hypertension (165 people, 7.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (114 people, 5.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (310 people, 13.70%)
- Zometa (303 people, 13.39%)
- Xanax (295 people, 13.04%)
- Paxil cr (266 people, 11.75%)
- Lasix (238 people, 10.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of paxil and diarrhea on
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Paxil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Paxil and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 53-year old woman with Migraine. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Cyclogyl for a 52-year old woman with Eye Redness. The patient has Diarrhoea
- A study of drug interactions between Ditropan, Macrodantin for a 62-year old woman with Paraplegia, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Diarrhoea, Abdominal Cramps
- A study of side effects of Lantus for a 75-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Diarrhea, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Novolog
Recent Paxil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.