Review: could Paxil cause Erection problems?
Summary: Erection problems is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Paxil cr, and have Depression.
We study 68,483 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 723 have Erection problems. Find out below who they are, when they have Erection problems and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Paxil and have Erection problems >>>
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 70,312 Paxil users)
Erection problems has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 31,489 Erection problems patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 68,483 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 723 people (1.06%) have Erection Problems.
Time on Paxil when people have Erection problems * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erection problems||14.18%||16.42%||9.70%||22.39%||26.87%||8.96%||1.49% |
Age of people who have Erection problems when taking Paxil * :
|Erection problems||0.00%||0.00%||3.59%||8.08%||19.93%||34.47%||21.36%||12.57% |
Severity of Erection problems when taking Paxil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erection problems||0.00%||66.67%||16.67%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Erection problems ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erection problems||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (219 people, 30.29%)
- Anxiety (96 people, 13.28%)
- Pain (67 people, 9.27%)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (29 people, 4.01%)
- Bipolar disorder (26 people, 3.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil cr (158 people, 21.85%)
- Xanax (108 people, 14.94%)
- Oxycontin (99 people, 13.69%)
- Ativan (86 people, 11.89%)
- Viagra (71 people, 9.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of paxil and erection problems on
Do you have Erection Problems while taking Paxil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Paxil and have Erection Problems
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who have Erection Problems
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Stress At Work. The patient has Anxiety And Stress
- A study of side effects of Paxil for a 27-year old woman with Shock - Cardiogenic. The patient has Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Adalat, Diovan, Paxil for a 63-year old woman with Anxiety, Blood Pressurel, Blood Pressure, Depression.
- A study of side effects of Paxil for a 40-year old woman with Panic Disorder. The patient has Nervousness
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
Recent Paxil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.