Home > Paxil > Hair thinning > Paxil and Hair thinning
Review: could Paxil cause Hair thinning (Hair loss)?
We study 68,437 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 578 have Hair thinning. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair thinning and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Paxil and have Hair thinning >>>
Paxil (latest outcomes from 70,248 users) has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Hair thinning (latest reports from 229,193 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 68,437 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 578 people (0.84%) have Hair Thinning.
Time on Paxil when people have Hair thinning * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair thinning||7.32%||29.27%||12.20%||12.20%||14.63%||17.07%||7.32% |
Age of people who have Hair thinning when taking Paxil * :
|Hair thinning||0.00%||0.00%||5.13%||3.61%||16.92%||32.89%||21.67%||19.77% |
Severity of Hair thinning when taking Paxil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair thinning||20.00%||20.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Hair thinning ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair thinning||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (140 people, 24.22%)
- Pain (43 people, 7.44%)
- Anxiety (37 people, 6.40%)
- Breast cancer (33 people, 5.71%)
- Migraine (30 people, 5.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xanax (105 people, 18.17%)
- Zometa (87 people, 15.05%)
- Aredia (73 people, 12.63%)
- Ativan (66 people, 11.42%)
- Neurontin (58 people, 10.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Thinning while taking Paxil?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Paxil and have Hair Thinning
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who have Hair Thinning
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Paxil, Hair thinning
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Novocaine at the dentist office
Novocain makes me shake, makes my blood rush through my hands so bad that others can feel it just by touching them, and makes my breasts hurt.
More reviews for: Paxil, Hair thinning
On eHealthMe, Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Paxil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Paxil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Paxil, Hair thinning
Recent Paxil related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Paxil, Hair thinning
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (12 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (14 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Metastases To Diaphragm
- Weight Gain
- Adderall 10
- Exogenous Cushing Syndrome