Review: could Paxil cause Headaches (Headache)?
Summary: Headaches is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Paxil cr, and have Depression.
We study 68,442 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,800 have Headaches. Find out below who they are, when they have Headaches and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Paxil and have Headaches >>>
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 70,267 users)
Headaches (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Headaches 168,596 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 68,437 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 3,800 people (5.55%) have Headaches.
Time on Paxil when people have Headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Paxil * :
Severity of Headaches when taking Paxil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (1,094 people, 28.79%)
- Anxiety (429 people, 11.29%)
- Pain (243 people, 6.39%)
- Hypertension (91 people, 2.39%)
- Insomnia (78 people, 2.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil cr (583 people, 15.34%)
- Xanax (431 people, 11.34%)
- Ambien (284 people, 7.47%)
- Vioxx (283 people, 7.45%)
- Aspirin (279 people, 7.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headaches while taking Paxil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Paxil and have Headaches
- support group for people who take Paxil
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anyone experience heart palpitations causedby their acid reflux ?
I have had acid reflux/Gerd for 4 years + Was not believed that symptoms were real for a while as had no heartburn and a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia which even now some medics think is imaginary...it's NOT!!! Following a demeester score of 45 ( very high confirmation of acid reflux) and discovery of a large hiatal hernia, ( a classic physical cause of acid reflux) I had hernia repair operation and LINX anti reflux surgery. Throughout the four years a major symptom of my acid reflux were heart palpatations. They started at the same time I started with reflux and cleared up after the surgery. I have been reflux free palpitation free and antacid free for four months. then I was put on Gabapentin for back spasm and the reflux returned along with the palpitations. Medics keep insisting this is just anxiety yet eat a food that gives me reflux also starts the palps which is the indicator of the reflux as I do not have heartburn. Comes on when relaxing and eating watching tv ( no anxiety present) and when I am sleeping peacefully ( no anxiety present) my heart wakes me up and fires off into tachycardia. Recently a doctor has said it is now known that acid reflux irritates the nerves in the solar plexus area and that triggers the palps. Anyone else experienced this? Are there any studies on it at all? Thanks all.
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-provera shot
- Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength
Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength?
- What causes a headache only when coughing or shaking the head?
Head hurts only when shaken or I cough. I suspect benadryl or amytriptaline
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating more alkaline foods, alkalizing my water, and avoiding really acidic foods. Stopped taking my acid reducers because they actually KEPT me more acidic. I noticed that when my body's pH was up (alkaline) the pain was tolerable but when it began to drop (acid) the pain kicked up again. My doctors say they don't necessarily think it's pancreatitis because the ultrasound doesn't show inflammation & my blood test numbers are only slightly elevated. My liver enzymes are also slightly elevated. The doctors don't Seem very concerned. Today, for the first time in 2 months since this whole thing started I noticed I'm jaundiced. What the heck is this?
More questions for: Paxil, Headaches
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Dyphenhydramine and headaches horrible going one almost 24 hours a day for 4 weeks and cant get them to stop, now looking for cause . think its the dyphenhydramine im taking to help me sleep .
have been taking 3 dyphenhydramine for some time to help me sleep , just in last few weeks began having severe headache almost all the time.. cant get it to go away. just found out it can cause headache and am going to lower my intake to one per night and see if my headaches get better. am taking migrane meds and that hasnt helped a bit so think its not migranes im having. some other reason.
- Bedwetting with paxil and wellbutrin
I have been using both of these drugs and now have bedwetting issues 5 times a week on average. I would rate the bedwetting as moderate about a6/10 but my wife and I can live with this as she had made the comment " you are back to the man I married ". I started taking these due to depression about work and anxiety about work. We both think we can live with the bedwetting as no one needs to know about it
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets of symptoms last for a day, then to be repeated again the next day on taking the next capsule. Whenever I cease using the product the symptoms likewise end. They began occurring from the very first use of the product. They are sometimes accompanied by a very low-grade headache. I thus now no longer use the product, plus the product made no difference whatsoever to my weight gain/loss when using it daily over several weeks.
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a constant moderate headache along with some slight dizziness/foggy feeling. I also noticed some ringing in my ears a few times as well. Going back to the doc today. My pharmacist says they usually start people on lower doses than 100 mg. Anyone else dealing with something similar?
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and this made me very unwell, causing me fatigue which would last for a few days. I'm still searching for help.
More reviews for: Paxil, Headaches
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
More related studies for: Paxil, Headaches
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.