Review: could Paxil cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 68,483 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 452 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Paxil and have High blood sugar >>>
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 70,317 Paxil users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,136 High blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 68,483 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 452 people (0.66%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Paxil when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||19.57%||26.09%||32.61%||13.04%||6.52%||2.17% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Paxil * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||3.10%||8.57%||18.81%||29.76%||21.19%||18.57% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Paxil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (106 people, 23.45%)
- Bipolar disorder (84 people, 18.58%)
- Anxiety (73 people, 16.15%)
- Sleep disorder (44 people, 9.73%)
- Schizophrenia (43 people, 9.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (243 people, 53.76%)
- Zyprexa (178 people, 39.38%)
- Risperdal (109 people, 24.12%)
- Ambien (92 people, 20.35%)
- Depakote (84 people, 18.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of paxil and high blood sugar on
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Paxil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Paxil and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Paxil for a 40-year old woman with Panic Disorder. The patient has Nervousness
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Asacol for a 60-year old woman with Menopause Hot Flashes, Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Crohn's Disease. The patient has Chapped Lips
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Ibuprofen, Phenergan, Xanax, Paxil for a 37-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Pain, Nausea, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Nose - Congested, Headache, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
Recent Paxil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.