Paxil and High blood sugar - from FDA reports
High blood sugar is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Bipolar disorder. This review analyzes which people have High blood sugar with Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,781 people who have side effects when taking Paxil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
78,781 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil.
Among them, 485 people (0.62%) have High blood sugar
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Paxil when people have High blood sugar *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 22.45 %
- 1 - 2 years: 36.73 %
- 2 - 5 years: 14.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8.16 %
- 10+ years: 2.04 %
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Paxil *:
- female: 67.15 %
- male: 32.85 %
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Paxil *:
- 0-1: 0.48 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.63 %
- 20-29: 8.61 %
- 30-39: 18.9 %
- 40-49: 28.47 %
- 50-59: 20.81 %
- 60+: 20.1 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bipolar Disorder (83 people, 17.11%)
- Schizophrenia (45 people, 9.28%)
- Sleep Disorder (43 people, 8.87%)
- Pain (35 people, 7.22%)
- High Blood Pressure (30 people, 6.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (234 people, 48.25%)
- Zyprexa (177 people, 36.49%)
- Risperdal (109 people, 22.47%)
- Ambien (92 people, 18.97%)
- Depakote (83 people, 17.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diabetes (170 people, 35.05%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (135 people, 27.84%)
- High Blood Pressure (115 people, 23.71%)
- Weight Increased (105 people, 21.65%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (97 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have High blood sugar when taking Paxil?
- Check symptoms - is high blood sugar caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHigh blood sugar and drugs with ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHigh blood sugar and Paxil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,152 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 25,999 High blood sugar patients).
Browse all side effects of Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
Could your condition cause High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I have been taking Paxil for years now (at least ten) and have lost a great deal of hair particularly on the crown and back of my head and up through the top. I used to have dense wavy/curly hair and now it very sparse. Has anyone had a similar experience and reversed their hair loss by ...
My name is Geraldine. I have afib and have been on Multaq 400 mg 2x a day for about 2 years. Recently my son passed away and I have been having a tough time dealing with his passing. I'm going through a mild depression. My Doctor is putting me on Paxil 10 mg once a day to take the edge off. I'm ...
I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?