Review: could Paxil cause Mania?
Summary: Mania is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Depakote, and have Depression.
We study 68,479 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 652 have Mania. Find out below who they are, when they have Mania and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Paxil and have Mania >>>
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 70,301 Paxil users)
Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood) has been reported by people with bipolar disorder, depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, bipolar i disorder. (latest reports from 10,835 Mania patients)
On Feb, 2, 2015: 68,466 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 652 people (0.95%) have Mania.
Time on Paxil when people have Mania * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Mania when taking Paxil * :
Severity of Mania when taking Paxil ** :
How people recovered from Mania ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (217 people, 33.28%)
- Anxiety (60 people, 9.20%)
- Bipolar disorder (53 people, 8.13%)
- Insomnia (38 people, 5.83%)
- Panic disorder (20 people, 3.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Depakote (79 people, 12.12%)
- Paxil cr (52 people, 7.98%)
- Zyprexa (44 people, 6.75%)
- Risperdal (42 people, 6.44%)
- Seroquel (40 people, 6.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mania while taking Paxil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Paxil and have Mania
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who have Mania
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Paxil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Paxil, Cymbalta for a 27-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Pantoprazole Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 48-year old man who has Dariusz
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Alprazolam, Sertraline, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Panic Attack
- Comparions of Paxil Cr, Norvasc for a 58-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft, Paxil, Pristiq, Buspar for a 36-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.