Review: could Paxil cause Noises or buzzing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Noises or buzzing in the ears is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Paxil cr, and have Depression.
We study 68,479 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 840 have Noises or buzzing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Noises or buzzing in the ears and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Paxil and have Noises or buzzing in the ears >>>
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 70,307 Paxil users)
Noises or buzzing in the ears
Noises or buzzing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,020 Noises or buzzing in the ears patients)
On Mar, 9, 2015: 68,479 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 840 people (1.23%) have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears.
Time on Paxil when people have Noises or buzzing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||7.91%||15.02%||20.95%||17.79%||20.55%||13.83%||3.95% |
Age of people who have Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Paxil * :
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.14%||0.56%||4.08%||7.75%||19.58%||30.00%||15.92%||21.97% |
Severity of Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Paxil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||25.00%||62.50%||0.00%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Noises or buzzing in the ears ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (221 people, 26.31%)
- Anxiety (87 people, 10.36%)
- Hypertension (37 people, 4.40%)
- Fluid retention (25 people, 2.98%)
- Pain (25 people, 2.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil cr (135 people, 16.07%)
- Xanax (86 people, 10.24%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (78 people, 9.29%)
- Aspirin (69 people, 8.21%)
- Lipitor (60 people, 7.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears while taking Paxil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Paxil and have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Paxil for a 22-year old man with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Can't Climax During Sex
- A study of side effects of Paxil Cr for a 36-year old man with Panic Disorder. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Recent Paxil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.