Home > Paxil > Sleep apnea > Paxil and Sleep apnea
Review: could Paxil cause Sleep apnea?
We study 68,410 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleep apnea and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Paxil and have Sleep apnea >>>
Paxil (latest outcomes from 70,237 users) has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Sleep apnea (a type of sleep disorder characterized by pauses in breathing) (latest reports from 647 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, generalized anxiety disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 68,410 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 1 people (0.00%) has Sleep Apnea.
Time on Paxil when people have Sleep apnea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sleep apnea||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Sleep apnea when taking Paxil * :
|Sleep apnea||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Sleep apnea when taking Paxil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sleep apnea||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sleep apnea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sleep apnea||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolemia (1 people, 100.00%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (1 people, 100.00%)
- Back pain (1 people, 100.00%)
- Stuffy nose (1 people, 100.00%)
- Adhd (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoprolol tartrate (1 people, 100.00%)
- Vytorin (1 people, 100.00%)
- Fish oil (1 people, 100.00%)
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 100.00%)
- Naproxen sodium (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleep Apnea while taking Paxil?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Paxil and have Sleep Apnea
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who have Sleep Apnea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Aphasia, stroke like, M.S. like
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the t ...
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
- Paxil and metoclopramide
I have been on 10mg of paxil for 7 yrs just diagnosed with Gastroparisis and now taking reglan 3x a day
More questions for: Paxil, Sleep apnea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Novocaine at the dentist office
Novocain makes me shake, makes my blood rush through my hands so bad that others can feel it just by touching them, and makes my breasts hurt.
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
More reviews for: Paxil, Sleep apnea
On eHealthMe, Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Paxil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Paxil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nexium, Ventolin Hfa, Imitrex, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Cymbalta for a 42-year old woman who has GERD, Asthma, Migraine, Allergy, Incontinence - Urinary, Muscle Spasms, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Itching, Depression (43 seconds ago)
- Abilify for a 54-year old man who has Depression (10 minutes ago)
- Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis (28 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Levothyroxine Sodium
- Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride
- Oxybutynin Chloride
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (2 hours ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (10 hours ago)
- Childrens Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Allergy
- Carcinoid Tumour Of The Small Bowel
- Cardene In 5 0 Dextrose In Plastic Container
- Spironolactone (mutual Pharm) 100mg
- Ear Infection Outer Ear Acute