Home > Paxil > Syncope vasovagal > Paxil and Syncope vasovagal
Review: could Paxil cause Syncope vasovagal?
Summary: Syncope vasovagal is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lipitor, and have Depression.
We study 68,437 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Syncope vasovagal. Find out below who they are, when they have Syncope vasovagal and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Paxil and have Syncope vasovagal >>>
Paxil (latest outcomes from 70,258 users) has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Syncope vasovagal (malfunction in the parts of the nervous system leads to consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone) (latest reports from 7,093 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 68,437 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 20 people (0.03%) have Syncope Vasovagal.
Time on Paxil when people have Syncope vasovagal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Syncope vasovagal||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Syncope vasovagal when taking Paxil * :
|Syncope vasovagal||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.00%||0.00%||25.00%||30.00%||30.00% |
Severity of Syncope vasovagal when taking Paxil ** :
How people recovered from Syncope vasovagal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (8 people, 40.00%)
- Postmenopause (2 people, 10.00%)
- Abdominal distension (2 people, 10.00%)
- Arthralgia (2 people, 10.00%)
- Osteoarthritis (2 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (7 people, 35.00%)
- Prilosec (5 people, 25.00%)
- Vioxx (5 people, 25.00%)
- Nexium (5 people, 25.00%)
- Primidone (4 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Syncope Vasovagal while taking Paxil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Paxil and have Syncope Vasovagal
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who have Syncope Vasovagal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Stress And Anxiety, Muscular-Skeletal Pain, Mononucleosis, Rash Around Tic-bite, Circular Ring On Skin, Tick Bite, ADD, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Depression - Chronic, Lifelong Migraines, Lifelong Cognition Problems, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Imitrex, Paxil, Sinemet)
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the t ...
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
(Asked by a 96 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Paxil, Lasix, Pravastatin Sodium, Aspirin, Metoprolol Tartrate)
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
- Paxil and metoclopramide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Gastroparisis And Anxiety, and takes Metoclopramide, Paxil )
I have been on 10mg of paxil for 7 yrs just diagnosed with Gastroparisis and now taking reglan 3x a day
- Cranberry juice making percocet not show up in a uv test.
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, Depression, Chroic Pain, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Naproxen, Percocet, Paxil, Lorazepam, Topamax)
Had gotting Kidney Stones and had been drinking about 3 gallons of cranberry juice and bunch of water and went in for a ut test and it came back neg for percocet. I always take my pills but don't alway take them at the right time cause sometimes i have to drive my niece so i wouldn't take them when ...
- Does paxil works better than dessvenlafaxine for ansiety - depression
(Asked by a 42 year old man who has The Doc Add Me 25 Mg Of Quietiapine, With Paxil Much More Side Effects Than Desvenlafaxine, and takes Pristiq, Paxil)
I am have a trouble, lot of depression, hat i am thinking about the friends in the past, that i am single, i am 41 and a lot of affraid to be alone.
My works gives me stressed conditions and i caame back to may doc that prescriot to me seroquel and pristiq (desvenlafaxine).
I am having a lot of s ...
More questions for: Paxil, Syncope vasovagal
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bedwetting with paxil and wellbutrin
(Posted by a 38 year old man who has Bedwetting, and takes Wellbutrin Xl, Paxil)
I have been using both of these drugs and now have bedwetting issues 5 times a week on average. I would rate the bedwetting as moderate about a6/10 but my wife and I can live with this as she had made the comment " you are back to the man I married ". I started taking these due to depression about ...
- Novocaine at the dentist office
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), and takes Paxil, Novocain)
Novocain makes me shake, makes my blood rush through my hands so bad that others can feel it just by touching them, and makes my breasts hurt.
- Paxil cause osteoporosis?
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, and takes Paxil)
I had OCD since age 8. At 42 I was finally diagnosed and put on Paxil. When I reached 40 mgs and after 2 months on 40 mgs i was completely cured of OCD. I stayed on Paxil for the next 15 years. I no longer take any SSRI as they were causing severe lethargy that last few years of use. When I was aro ...
More reviews for: Paxil, Syncope vasovagal
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Paxil, Glimepiride, Lovastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxycycline for a patient with Health, Stress And Anxiety, Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Coughing Up Blood. The patient has Death, Swelling
Comments: My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Benadryl, Allegra Allergy, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin, Paxil, Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Allergy To Chemicals, Multiple Allergies, General Physical Health Deterioration, Health, Anxiety Disorder, Asthmatic Crisis, Asthma. The patient has Acute Severe Asthma, Sweating Fever
Comments: I have had hospitalization (2012)due to a mold allergy. I am on disability bc of this. I moved to Florida bc the cold weather of Michigan was not helping my asthma condition. (I have had asthma for 25 years. Severe allergies since childhood.) Recently my sweating and asthma has gotten worse and I u ...
- A study of drug interactions between Haldol, Paxil, Xanax, Marihuana, Vistaril for a patient with Misdiagnosed Paranoid While Actually Having A Stroke, Menopausal Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Pain Management, Anxiety While Incarcerated In Mental Institution. The patient has Impairment Of Speech, Involuntary Mandatory Incarceration In A Mental Institution
Comments: I went to the hospital that I previously have had stroke/aneurysm coiling, active aneurysm in my neck. Have gone to same hospital when I had 3 TIA's. I have been taking Paxil and Xanax for 23 years. Could not find a PCP as I am a cash paying customer with no insurance. (My PCP retired.) Ran out of m ...
- A study of side effects of Paxil for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anxiety
Comments: On Paxil my nervous system went nuts, my thoughts were seperated from emotions so I didn't relate it to Paxil at the time. I told my Dr. about it and he tripled the dose which put me in psychosis. I've been off for a little over a year, and I'll never be able to work again, as I now have untreatable ...
More related studies for: Paxil, Syncope vasovagal
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Nadolol and Lisinopril
- Hair Loss and Effexor
- Osteoporosis and Symbicort
- Fibromyalgia and Post Thrombotic Syndrome
- Gastritis and Hypothyroidism
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (14 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (17 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (2 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Monistat 3 for a 38-year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina (1 minute ago)
- Namenda for a 38-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder (25 minutes ago)
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (1 hour ago)