Review: could Paxil cause Systemic lupus erythematosus?
Summary: Systemic lupus erythematosus is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Prednisone, and have Breast cancer.
We study 68,483 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 55 have Systemic lupus erythematosus. Find out below who they are, when they have Systemic lupus erythematosus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Paxil and have Systemic lupus erythematosus >>>
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 70,317 Paxil users)
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 13,120 Systemic lupus erythematosus patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 68,479 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 55 people (0.08%) have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
Time on Paxil when people have Systemic lupus erythematosus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Paxil * :
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||0.00%||0.00%||8.16%||2.04%||10.20%||30.61%||12.24%||36.73% |
Severity of Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Paxil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Systemic lupus erythematosus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (11 people, 20.00%)
- Bone pain (11 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (8 people, 14.55%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 5.45%)
- Arthralgia (3 people, 5.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (18 people, 32.73%)
- Vicodin (15 people, 27.27%)
- Xanax (14 people, 25.45%)
- Imipramine (11 people, 20.00%)
- Ranitidine (11 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of paxil and systemic lupus erythematosus on
Do you have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus while taking Paxil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Paxil and have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine for a 20-year old woman with Depression, Anxiety And Stress. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Saphris for a 49-year old woman with Depression, Bipolar Ii Disorder.
- A study of drug interactions between Cranberry Extract, Calcium, Vitamin D, Iron EDTA, Fish Oil, Vitamin B12, Zimovane, Crestor, XANAX, Paxil for a 69-year old woman with UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent, Leg Pain, Anemia, Good For You, Liver Fibrosis, Sleepy, High Blood Cholesterol, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Vitamin B12 Increased, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Sore Right Hip, Numbness And Tingling, Right-sided Heart Failure, Back Pain, Back Pain - Low, Abdominal Pain Lower, Blood Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Clonazepam, Azathioprine, Zorvolex, Humira for a 42-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Diarrhea, Weight Loss
- A study of side effects of Paxil for a 22-year old man with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Can't Climax During Sex
Recent Paxil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.