Review: could Paxil cause Systemic lupus erythematosus?
Summary: Systemic lupus erythematosus is found among people who take Paxil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Prednisone, and have Breast cancer.
We study 68,479 people who have side effects while taking Paxil from FDA and social media. Among them, 55 have Systemic lupus erythematosus. Find out below who they are, when they have Systemic lupus erythematosus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Paxil and have Systemic lupus erythematosus >>>
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 70,301 Paxil users)
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 13,108 Systemic lupus erythematosus patients)
On Feb, 24, 2015: 68,466 people reported to have side effects when taking Paxil. Among them, 55 people (0.08%) have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
Time on Paxil when people have Systemic lupus erythematosus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Paxil * :
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||0.00%||0.00%||8.16%||2.04%||10.20%||30.61%||12.24%||36.73% |
Severity of Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Paxil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Systemic lupus erythematosus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (11 people, 20.00%)
- Bone pain (11 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (8 people, 14.55%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 5.45%)
- Arthralgia (3 people, 5.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (18 people, 32.73%)
- Vicodin (15 people, 27.27%)
- Xanax (14 people, 25.45%)
- Imipramine (11 people, 20.00%)
- Ranitidine (11 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of paxil and systemic lupus erythematosus on
Do you have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus while taking Paxil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Paxil and have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Senna, Levothyroxine Sodium, Paxil Cr, Oxycodone, Omeprazole for a 44-year old woman with Constipation, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder, Degenerative Joint Disease, Gerd. The patient has Hypothyroidism, Swollen Eye Or Conjunctiva, Swollen Eyelid, Swollen Lymph Nodes, Gerd
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 31-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Overwhelmed Or Angry
- A study of side effects of Paxil for a 45-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Mottled Skin (a condition in which the skin becomes discoloured in irregular patches)
- A study of drug interactions between Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 26-year old man with Depression, Paranoid Schizophrenia. The patient has Psychosis
- A study of drug interactions between Tricor, Toprol-xl, Synthroid, Paxil, Nateglinide, Lovaza, Lotrel, Kombiglyze Xr, Edarbyclor, Cycloset, Crestor, Aspirin for a 57-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Diarrhea, Runny Nose
Recent Paxil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.