Penicillin and Confusion - from FDA reports
Confusion is found among people who take Penicillin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Revlimid, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Confusion with Penicillin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,304 people who have side effects when taking Penicillin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 14, 2017
2,304 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin.
Among them, 6 people (0.26%) have Confusion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Penicillin *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Penicillin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 40 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 60 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (2 people, 33.33%)
- Routine Health Maintenance (1 person, 16.67%)
- Muscle Twitching (1 person, 16.67%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (1 person, 16.67%)
- Brain Abscess (1 person, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid (2 people, 33.33%)
- Wellbutrin (1 person, 16.67%)
- Peridex (1 person, 16.67%)
- Aricept (1 person, 16.67%)
- Ampyra (1 person, 16.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (3 people, 50.00%)
- Mental Status Changes (2 people, 33.33%)
- Hypoaesthesia (2 people, 33.33%)
- Heart Palpitations (2 people, 33.33%)
- Confusional State (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Confusion when taking Penicillin?
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Penicillin 2,861 users)
Confusion has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 45,614 Confusion patients).