Home > Penicillin > Eczema > Penicillin and Eczema
Review: could Penicillin cause Eczema?
We study 1,425 people who have side effects while taking Penicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Eczema. Find out below who they are, when they have Eczema and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Penicillin and have Eczema >>>
Penicillin (latest outcomes from 1,799 users) has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection.
Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters) (latest reports from 51,010 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, crohn's disease, asthma.
On Sep, 20, 2014: 1,419 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin. Among them, 17 people (1.20%) have Eczema.
Time on Penicillin when people have Eczema * :
Gender of people who have Eczema when taking Penicillin * :
Age of people who have Eczema when taking Penicillin * :
Severity of Eczema when taking Penicillin ** :
How people recovered from Eczema ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 82.35%)
- Multiple myeloma (14 people, 82.35%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 82.35%)
- Fatigue (14 people, 82.35%)
- Haemolytic uraemic syndrome (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Penicillin v potassium (15 people, 88.24%)
- Toprol-xl (14 people, 82.35%)
- Cytomel (14 people, 82.35%)
- Triamcinolone (14 people, 82.35%)
- Metronidazole (14 people, 82.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eczema while taking Penicillin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Penicillin and have Eczema
- group for people who take Penicillin
- group for people who have Eczema
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
sweety on Aug, 5, 2014:
I hve started taking pentids when i was of 8 years. Now it has been 16-17 years n m still taking it. I m having an improper growth with some dwarfness , weakness , ..also m v lean n thin . i sugest to the children who r taking this medicine to take calcium or vitamin d supplements for a normal body growth.
sonaliSamant on Nov, 11, 2010:
i am using this medicine for my 4yrs son ,thirdtime earlier twice given in Nov 09 and july 10 and now in oct for 30 days course .still no side effects shown .but little worried if any in future ..can somebody comment on this ??
From this study (1 month ago):
Luci on Jul, 22, 2014:
I just got off of the Nuvaring because of this! I'm so upset and hope it clears up because it is painful and on my face. I use CeraVe as a moisturizer but I will have to use something that will be more helpful to locking the moisture in. I was on Nuvaring for two months and saw the side effects immediately.
From this study (2 months ago):
perfect storm? all symptoms started after abortion, been on glaucoma medication for 15 years, cousin on the same meds was diagnosed with a rare form of endometriosis. All my symptoms say endometriosis is possible cause. I just want to know what is wrong with me.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Penicillin, Eczema
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Eczema and birth control
I have never had eczema in my life. A few years ago, in March/April 2012, I began taking birth control (Caziant) for the first time. About a month or two later, I noticed a red patch of skin on my armpit that wouldn't stop itching. I was given different types of fungal creams and corticosteriod crea ...
More reviews for: Penicillin, Eczema
On eHealthMe, Penicillin (penicillin g potassium) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Penicillin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Penicillin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Fentanyl-50 for a 52-year old man who has Degenerative Joint Disease (46 minutes ago)
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (1 hour ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Arachnoid Cyst
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (7 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (8 hours ago)
- Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide
- Splinter Haemorrhages
- Synthroid (abbott) 0.1mg
- Losartan Potassium Hydrochlorothiazide