Review: could Penicillin cause Eczema?
Summary: Eczema is found among people who take Penicillin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Penicillin v potassium, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 1,439 people who have side effects while taking Penicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Eczema. Find out below who they are, when they have Eczema and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Penicillin and have Eczema >>>
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 1,813 Penicillin users)
Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, crohn's disease, depression. (latest reports from 9,862 Eczema patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 1,439 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin. Among them, 17 people (1.18%) have Eczema.
Time on Penicillin when people have Eczema * :
Gender of people who have Eczema when taking Penicillin * :
Age of people who have Eczema when taking Penicillin * :
Severity of Eczema when taking Penicillin ** :
How people recovered from Eczema ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 82.35%)
- Multiple myeloma (14 people, 82.35%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 82.35%)
- Fatigue (14 people, 82.35%)
- Haemolytic uraemic syndrome (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Penicillin v potassium (15 people, 88.24%)
- Toprol-xl (14 people, 82.35%)
- Cytomel (14 people, 82.35%)
- Triamcinolone (14 people, 82.35%)
- Metronidazole (14 people, 82.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of penicillin and eczema on
Do you have Eczema while taking Penicillin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Penicillin and have Eczema
- support group for people who take Penicillin
- support group for people who have Eczema
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of side effects of Penicillin for a 34-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a 35-year old man with Alcohol Withdrawal. The patient has Eczema
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Clonazepam, Alesse, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 26-year old woman with Pericoronitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Major Depression. The patient has Swollen Lymph Nodes, Fever, Swallowing Difficulty, Pericoronitis, Swelling Face
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
Recent Penicillin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.