Home > Penicillin > Eczema > Penicillin and Eczema
Review: could Penicillin cause Eczema?
Summary: Eczema is found among people who take Penicillin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Penicillin v potassium, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 1,427 people who have side effects while taking Penicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Eczema. Find out below who they are, when they have Eczema and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Penicillin and have Eczema >>>
Penicillin (latest outcomes from 1,803 users) has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection.
Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters) (latest reports from 51,141 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, crohn's disease, asthma.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 1,425 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin. Among them, 17 people (1.19%) have Eczema.
Time on Penicillin when people have Eczema * :
Gender of people who have Eczema when taking Penicillin * :
Age of people who have Eczema when taking Penicillin * :
Severity of Eczema when taking Penicillin ** :
How people recovered from Eczema ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 82.35%)
- Multiple myeloma (14 people, 82.35%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 82.35%)
- Fatigue (14 people, 82.35%)
- Haemolytic uraemic syndrome (1 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Penicillin v potassium (15 people, 88.24%)
- Toprol-xl (14 people, 82.35%)
- Cytomel (14 people, 82.35%)
- Triamcinolone (14 people, 82.35%)
- Metronidazole (14 people, 82.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eczema while taking Penicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Penicillin and have Eczema
- support group for people who take Penicillin
- support group for people who have Eczema
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Nausea, Urinary Retention, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Eczema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS))
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I ...
- What are some known or reported side effects from a zantac overdose? especially long term side effects?
(Asked by a 1 year old boy who has Blank Stare, Diarrhoea Nos, Stools - Bloody, Skin Infection - Yeast, Choking When Eating, Eczema, Poor Peripheral Circulation, and takes Ranitidine)
My son was born preterm weighing in at 5lbs. During his time in the NICU the doctors diagnosed him with acid reflux and started him on Ranitidine. One day prior to him leaving the NICU I was given a script to be filled for at home use. The dosage was suppose to be .375ml but instead the pharmacy fil ...
- Is there any relationship between eating fava beans and stroke?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Stroke, and takes Penicillin)
My daughter lives in Israel and just returned from a trip up to the North of Israel where each of the three days she was away she had fava beans for breakfast with 2 cups of coffee.
I am wondering if any of these factors contributed to her stroke.
She is in excellent health otherwise.
She was on ...
- How long does memory loss last from taking penicillin for 1 week
(Asked by a 82 year old man who has Memory Loss, and takes Penicillin)
After taking penicillin pills for 1 week, 2 a day, my husband's memory waqs very different than it had been. I understand that the usage of Penicillin might possibly cause memory loss. Does 5the memory ever return?
- Does methadone worsen eczema?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride)
I abused opiates more specifically heroin for over a year... Agee months ago I stopped and started taking methadone. I have eczema on my hands which I developed during that time...it is severe now... Is it possible that methadone is making it worse ?? Also is there anyway the use of opiates caused t ...
More questions for: Penicillin, Eczema
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Eczema after takin xarelto
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Xarelto)
After the second day of taking Xarelto for a pulmonary embolism, I noticed a red itchy patch on my neck. My doctor identified it as eczema. I've never had it before in my life.
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Imitrex, Westcort, Kenalog, Garcinia Cambogia, Singulair, Ultracet, Baclofen, Percocet, Naproxen, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Microgestin Fe 1/20)
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Eczema and birth control
(Posted by a 24 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Desogestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Hydroxyzine, Singulair)
I have never had eczema in my life. A few years ago, in March/April 2012, I began taking birth control (Caziant) for the first time. About a month or two later, I noticed a red patch of skin on my armpit that wouldn't stop itching. I was given different types of fungal creams and corticosteriod crea ...
More reviews for: Penicillin, Eczema
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Synthroid for a patient with ADHD, Depression, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Blood Pressure, Shakuyaku, Chest Pressure Sensation, Palpitations, Mouth Breathing, Fatigue, Lethargy, Stomach Discomfort, Eczema, Light Kaolin, Vision Blurred
Comments: hashimoto's thyroiditis, highly gluten intolerant, extreme nickel allergy, food & environmental allergies, asthma.
1st had majority of symptoms listed above (#3 box)6 & 7/12 AFTER having had gluten symptoms for 7 weeks.
i believe i had nutritional deficiencies due to gluten symptoms.
More related studies for: Penicillin, Eczema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (7 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (3 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (7 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zoloft for a 27-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder (17 minutes ago)
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (1 hour ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (2 hours ago)