Review: could Penicillin cause Gout?
Summary: Gout is found among people who take Penicillin, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, also take medication Revlimid, and have Hypercalcaemia of malignancy.
We study 1,439 people who have side effects while taking Penicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Gout. Find out below who they are, when they have Gout and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Penicillin and have Gout >>>
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 1,813 Penicillin users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain, diabetes. (latest reports from 13,678 Gout patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 1,438 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin. Among them, 27 people (1.88%) have Gout.
Time on Penicillin when people have Gout * :
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Penicillin * :
Age of people who have Gout when taking Penicillin * :
Severity of Gout when taking Penicillin ** :
How people recovered from Gout ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (11 people, 40.74%)
- Hypercalcaemia (6 people, 22.22%)
- Multiple myeloma (6 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Revlimid (23 people, 85.19%)
- Penicillin v potassium (23 people, 85.19%)
- Zometa (23 people, 85.19%)
- Levaquin (22 people, 81.48%)
- Lortab (22 people, 81.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of penicillin and gout on
Do you have Gout while taking Penicillin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Penicillin and have Gout
- support group for people who take Penicillin
- support group for people who have Gout
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 58-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Gout
- A study of side effects of Penicillin for a 34-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 75-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Gout
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Clonazepam, Alesse, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 26-year old woman with Pericoronitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Major Depression. The patient has Swollen Lymph Nodes, Fever, Swallowing Difficulty, Pericoronitis, Swelling Face
- A study of side effects of Penicillin for a 48-year old man with Flu. The patient has Constipation
Recent Penicillin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.