Penicillin and Gout - from FDA reports
Gout is reported only by a few people who take Penicillin. We study 2,304 people who have side effects while taking Penicillin from FDA. Among them, 3 have Gout. Find out below who they are, when they have Gout and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 14, 2017
2,304 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin.
Among them, 3 people (0.13%) have Gout
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Penicillin *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Gout when taking Penicillin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic (1 person, 33.33%)
- Prostate Cancer (1 person, 33.33%)
- Osteoporosis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Osteoarthritis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Multiple Myeloma (1 person, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (2 people, 66.67%)
- Vicodin (2 people, 66.67%)
- Peridex (2 people, 66.67%)
- Lasix (2 people, 66.67%)
- Aredia (2 people, 66.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Renal Cyst (3 people, 100.00%)
- Anaemia (3 people, 100.00%)
- Weakness (2 people, 66.67%)
- Urticaria (2 people, 66.67%)
- Gait Disturbance (2 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout when taking Penicillin?
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Penicillin 2,861 users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, gout, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 24,782 Gout patients).