Penicillin and Gout - from FDA reports
Gout is reported only by a few people who take Penicillin. We study 2,439 people who have side effects while taking Penicillin from FDA. Among them, 3 have Gout. Find out below who they are, when they have Gout and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 13, 2017
2,439 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin.
Among them, 3 people (0.12%) have Gout
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Penicillin *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Gout when taking Penicillin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic (1 person, 33.33%)
- Prostate Cancer (1 person, 33.33%)
- Osteoporosis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Osteoarthritis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Multiple Myeloma (1 person, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (2 people, 66.67%)
- Vicodin (2 people, 66.67%)
- Peridex (2 people, 66.67%)
- Lasix (2 people, 66.67%)
- Aredia (2 people, 66.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Renal Cyst (3 people, 100.00%)
- Anaemia (3 people, 100.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (2 people, 66.67%)
- Osteopenia (2 people, 66.67%)
- Gait Disturbance (2 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Gout when taking Penicillin?
- Check symptoms - is gout caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGout and drugs with ingredients of penicillin g potassium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGout and Penicillin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Penicillin 3,000 users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, gout, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 25,563 Gout patients).
Browse all side effects of Penicillina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GoutGout
Could your condition cause GoutGout
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking Humira for three years. I am now experiencing gout and tendinitis. I do not eat any of the foods that normally cause gout or drink alcohol often. Anyone else experiencing this with Humira
I'm 16 and a virgin so therefore I am not pregnant On september after my period I ended up at the ER due to vomiting and a Urinary Tract Infection and now I missed my period I was suppose to get it the 1st of this month on the second week I stained myself and it was blood and then the next day ...
User reviews to the study
I have been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis and have been taking both doxycycline and penicillin for the past several weeks. My hair began falling out about a month before going on these antibiotics.
I have been taking penicillin (Pen VK) 250 mg every day as a prophylaxis against cellulitis (secondary to lymphedema) for the past 12 years. I have had a persistent cough and clearing of the throat for the last 10 years. Recently, I was tested for GERD, but that seems to be negative; my lungs ...