Review: could Penicillin cause Indigestion?
Summary: Indigestion is reported only by a few people who take Penicillin.
We study 1,430 people who have side effects while taking Penicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Indigestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Indigestion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Penicillin and have Indigestion >>>
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (view latest outcomes from 1,808 users)
Indigestion has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, pain.(latest reports from Indigestion 51,731 patients)
On Dec, 5, 2014: 1,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin. Among them, 5 people (0.35%) have Indigestion.
Time on Penicillin when people have Indigestion * :
Gender of people who have Indigestion when taking Penicillin * :
Age of people who have Indigestion when taking Penicillin * :
Severity of Indigestion when taking Penicillin ** :
How people recovered from Indigestion ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ear infection (1 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 20.00%)
- Atrial fibrillation (1 people, 20.00%)
- Immunosuppression (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Penicillin v potassium (4 people, 80.00%)
- Accutane (2 people, 40.00%)
- Zoloft (1 people, 20.00%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (1 people, 20.00%)
- Aspirin (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Indigestion while taking Penicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Penicillin and have Indigestion
- support group for people who take Penicillin
- support group for people who have Indigestion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can penicillin cause dry mouth
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Dry Mouth, and takes Penicillin)
I have been feeling run down then came down with bad
Tonsillitis since taki g penicillin my mum is really dry why?
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fatigue, Headache, Elevated Blood Pressure, Eating More Alkaline Foods Helps Reduce Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Upper Back Pain, Indigestion, Slightly Yellow, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide)
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Upset Stomach, and takes Keflex)
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- Crestor - trilipix - 5 years on 5mg + 135mg / going cold turkey - weaning?
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Indigestion, Upper Chest Pressure, Gas - Belching, Dizziness - Occasional, Stomach Upset, and takes Crestor, Trilipix)
Almost 60 been on Crestor 5mg twice a week + Trilipix 135mg daily for about 5 years, Cholesterol has been held in good zone, leading normal life. Last two weeks chronic indigestion, upper chest pressure gas, upset stomach, and occasional dizziness. Read up on Symptom's for both Crestor and Trilipix ...
- Is there any relationship between eating fava beans and stroke?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Stroke, and takes Penicillin)
My daughter lives in Israel and just returned from a trip up to the North of Israel where each of the three days she was away she had fava beans for breakfast with 2 cups of coffee.
I am wondering if any of these factors contributed to her stroke.
She is in excellent health otherwise.
She was on ...
More questions for: Penicillin, Indigestion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Stomach Upset, Smell - Impaired, and takes Farxiga)
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
More reviews for: Penicillin, Indigestion
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Stomach Upset
Comments: Also headache, changes is bowel habits, changes in stool,loose/mushy lightcolored stools, nausea, blurred vision, excessive sweating, increase in anxiety & agitation, shortness of breath, acid/sour stomach, burping,severe seasonal allergies, tiredness, confusion, can't pronounce words, dry mouth & e ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cortef, Armour Thyroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Niaspan, Lovaza, Metformin for a patient with Cortisol Level, Hypothyroidism, Blood Pressure Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Insulin Resistance. The patient has Stomach Upset
Comments: Was on Metformin (1000 mg per day), which was recently increased with a goal of 2000 mg per day (gradual increase). In the AM, I usually start with a cup of coffee, then breakfast, followed by more coffee (two cups per day). I take metformin immediately following meals. I fix up my coffee with or ...
- A study of drug interactions between Co-codamol, Penicillin, Paracetamol for a patient with Ear Pain, Ear Infection - Outer Ear - Chronic. The patient has Chest Pain, Shifting Tooth Ache, Earache
Comments: I had ear infection but today my cheek on the other side hurts along with my tooth and pain is severe and shifting but I do not have pain in infected ear anymore. I have rectal bleeding and constipation.
More related studies for: Penicillin, Indigestion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.