Review: could Penicillin cause Red face (Skin blushing/flushing)?
Summary: Red face is found among people who take Penicillin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Radiation therapy, and have Convulsion.
We study 1,430 people who have side effects while taking Penicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Red face. Find out below who they are, when they have Red face and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Penicillin and have Red face >>>
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (view latest outcomes from 1,808 users)
Red face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.(latest reports from Red face 44,981 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 1,427 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin. Among them, 7 people (0.49%) have Red Face.
Time on Penicillin when people have Red face * :
Gender of people who have Red face when taking Penicillin * :
|Red face||14.29%||85.71% |
Age of people who have Red face when taking Penicillin * :
|Red face||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||85.71% |
Severity of Red face when taking Penicillin ** :
How people recovered from Red face ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Convulsion (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Radiation therapy (6 people, 85.71%)
- Acyclovir (6 people, 85.71%)
- Proscar (6 people, 85.71%)
- Gabapentin (6 people, 85.71%)
- Warfarin sodium (6 people, 85.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Red Face while taking Penicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Penicillin and have Red Face
- support group for people who take Penicillin
- support group for people who have Red Face
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Penicillin, Red face
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets of symptoms last for a day, then to be repeated again the next day on taking the next capsule. Whenever I cease using the product the symptoms likewise end. They began occurring from the very first use of the product. They are sometimes accompanied by a very low-grade headache. I thus now no longer use the product, plus the product made no difference whatsoever to my weight gain/loss when using it daily over several weeks.
More reviews for: Penicillin, Red face
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- i have a hot face on a daily basis, and i get hot flushes on a daily basis since march 2014. i have noticed mild flushing before that when i started taking it 2 years ago but its only gotten bad since march 2014
- I had ear infection but today my cheek on the other side hurts along with my tooth and pain is severe and shifting but I do not have pain in infected ear anymore. I have rectal bleeding and constipation.
- I'm just checking my hunch about the reaction. I took the dexamethasone around 9:30 and the lortab around 12:30. By 1pm my face had started swelling and a red rash started along the laugh lines under the cheeks and started spreading rapidly. It was really hot and just looked like one giant hive. I t ...
- I have been on omeprazole for four days at first I felt very exhausted and sometimes dizzy now taking half of recommended dose of 20 mg also only taking 75 mg ranitidine instead of 300mg as I was getting dizzy and did not know which drug causing it. Generally not feeling well. I had been taking esom ...
- I also saw flashes of light, feel as if my body is buzzing at night when I can't sleep, feel as if the floor is moving, have terrible mood swings, my throat tightens during exercise, racing heart, extremely cold hands
More related studies for: Penicillin, Red face
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.