Home > Penicillin > Red face > Penicillin and Red face
Review: could Penicillin cause Red face (Skin blushing/flushing)?
Summary: Red face is found among people who take Penicillin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Radiation therapy, and have Convulsion.
We study 1,427 people who have side effects while taking Penicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Red face. Find out below who they are, when they have Red face and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Penicillin and have Red face >>>
Penicillin (latest outcomes from 1,803 users) has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection.
Red face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck) (latest reports from 377,634 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 1,425 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin. Among them, 7 people (0.49%) have Red Face.
Time on Penicillin when people have Red face * :
Gender of people who have Red face when taking Penicillin * :
|Red face||14.29%||85.71% |
Age of people who have Red face when taking Penicillin * :
|Red face||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||85.71% |
Severity of Red face when taking Penicillin ** :
How people recovered from Red face ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Convulsion (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Radiation therapy (6 people, 85.71%)
- Acyclovir (6 people, 85.71%)
- Proscar (6 people, 85.71%)
- Gabapentin (6 people, 85.71%)
- Warfarin sodium (6 people, 85.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Red Face while taking Penicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Penicillin and have Red Face
- support group for people who take Penicillin
- support group for people who have Red Face
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Nausea, Skin Blushing/flushing, Migraine Without Aura, and takes Cordarone)
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- I use axiron and levitra together
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Flushing)
when i take my 5mg of levitra i get flush in the face i also take one pump of axiron in the morning and still having problems down below
- What are the side effects while taking fentanyl with garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Skin Blushing/flushing, and takes Fentanyl-75, Cymbalta, Lorazepam, Baclofen, Requip, Percocet, Garcinia Cambogia)
I'm having headaches flushing/blushing in the face, tired, dizziness. I think that I might be allergic to it the garcinia cambogia ultra. I need to know if I can be on the fentanyl patch and take Garcinia Cambogia Ultra?
- I have developed a sudden intolerance to alcohol...just wanted to know can it be due to an antabuse given to me on the sly???
(Asked by a 35 year old man who has Flushing, Headache, Shortness Of Breath, and takes Antabuse)
I wanted to know whether there is a test which can determine the presence of antabuse in the blood stream????
- What should i do to relieve the flushing symptoms?
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Parkinson's--tremor, Stiffnes, Swallowing, Hoarseness, Small Fiber Neuropathy, Skin Blushing/flushing, Diet - Constipation, IBS, GERD, Cold Intolerance, Spinal Column Stenosis--pain In Arms,"needles" In Feet, and takes Lyrica, Epa (eicosapentaenoic Acid), Vitamin B12, Losartan Potassium, Benadryl, Norvasc, Vitamin C, Aspirin, Fentanyl-12, Omeprazole, Amitiza)
Was diagnosed with Parkinson's in March 2013. My doctor has prescribed sinemet, which I have tried 3 times, but during each,I have experienced periods of flushing, agitation, and restless legs--to the point of feeling truly ill. He doesn't believe that there is a cause and effect relationship bet ...
More questions for: Penicillin, Red face
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
More reviews for: Penicillin, Red face
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Albuterol Sulfate, Symbicort, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Asthma Exacerbation Prophylaxis, Asthma, Asthma Aggravated, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Red Face
Comments: I took levothyroxine for first time this morning, and now my face is red.
- A study of side effects of Pentids '400' for a patient with Rheumatic Fever. The patient has
Comments: Pentid 400bd
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin)
Comments: High blood pressure
- A study of side effects of Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin)
Comments: Have been taking this drug for 5 years to treat high blood pressure have got flushing in the face and neck when on feet to much and then sit down.
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Albuterol, Ambien, Zoloft, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Otitis Externa, Asthma, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Graves Disease. The patient has Pain - Shoulder, Neck Pain, Face Pain Around Ear, Neutropenia, Pressure-related Ear Pain, Ear Pain Both Sides, General Ill Feeling, Chills, Otitis Externa
Comments: A few years back I had medication induced neutropnia due to bactrim. I started getting symptoms in ear.. I had external otitis. I'm having the same symptoms
More related studies for: Penicillin, Red face
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.