Home > Penicillin > Uti > Penicillin and Uti
Review: could Penicillin cause Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Uti is found among people who take Penicillin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Penicillin v potassium, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 1,427 people who have side effects while taking Penicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Uti. Find out below who they are, when they have Uti and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Penicillin and have Uti >>>
Penicillin (latest outcomes from 1,803 users) has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection.
Uti (urinary tract infection) (latest reports from 448,493 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 1,427 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin. Among them, 22 people (1.54%) have Uti.
Time on Penicillin when people have Uti * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Uti when taking Penicillin * :
Age of people who have Uti when taking Penicillin * :
Severity of Uti when taking Penicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Uti ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (8 people, 36.36%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 31.82%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (6 people, 27.27%)
- Pain (1 people, 4.55%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (1 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Penicillin v potassium (16 people, 72.73%)
- Lisinopril (15 people, 68.18%)
- Aredia (14 people, 63.64%)
- Lipitor (14 people, 63.64%)
- Verapamil (11 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Uti while taking Penicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Penicillin and have Uti
- support group for people who take Penicillin
- support group for people who have Uti
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Warfarin and urinary infections
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
HELP! Hello we are in the UK - my husband had an aortic valve replacement 4 years ago - he is now 61 and on warfarin. Over the past few years, since his AVR, he has had about 4/5 urinary infections which have caused him to be hospitalised with very high temperature/rigors etc. The medical profess ...
- Can i take my macrobid while i have a hangover? is it safe?
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has UTI, and takes Macrobid)
Help me please! I really need to know if I can take my pill (macrobid) when I have a hangover
- Does a side effect exist through maca (nutrition supplement from peru) like urinary tract infection or a kidney infection?
(Asked by a 42 year old man who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Maca)
Burn feelings in the urethra (bottom of penis) during pee and (soft) stitches in the kidneys
- Did anyone get sore throat while undergoing medication for uti
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Sore Throat, and takes Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride)
I had been diagnosed with UTI last week. I had been experiencing pain when unrinating thus I consulted my OBGyne for I had been once checked by a Urologist and told me that my UTI is not related to any kidney problems thus recommending me to see an OBGyne.
My OBGyne told me that I take Zinnat twice ...
- Which drug for uti is less likely to cause low platelets - amoxicillin or trimethroprim
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has UTI, Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Years ago on two occasions (11 years in between) I had severe thrombocytopenia some weeks after taking Septrin (trimethroprim and sulfamethoxazole ). I now have a UTI which hasn't responded to home treatment and my doctor has offered trimethroprim or amoxicillin. I have also had megaloblastic anae ...
More questions for: Penicillin, Uti
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Urinary track infection and bydureon
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has UTI, Uti. Haven't Had Any In Years..hard To Get Rid Of., and takes Bydureon)
After 7 weeks of nausea vomiting and diarrhea I got a uti that was hard to get rid of. I also have an inflammation of sacaril nerve. Have had antibiotics and steroids. It is still hurting after 2 months.Don't know if this is connected but is a fact.
- I have twice developed a uti after injection of prolia
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Cystitis, and takes Prolia)
I have taken Prolia for 2 years..4 injections. After the last 2 injections within 2 weeks I developed severe cystitis and had to go on course of antibiotics. I am fearful of continuing this medication as the last infection caused me to be treated at the emergency room.
- Flagyl and hair loss
(Posted by a 39 year old woman who has UTI, and takes Prozac, Vyvanse)
I was miserable already but the side effects of this medicine only compounded it. I have had severe diarrhea, stomach cramps, nausea, a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and worst of all I have patches of hair that have completely fallen out!! I am horrified that this medicine is even prescribed t ...
- Temporary amnesia from uti
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
I developed a Urinary Tract Infection which caused sudden severe pain and temporary amnesia for about 5 hours. I am going to start a Candida diet and stop eating all sugars and yeast. This can take a long period of time but as I am 60 years old and have been eating sugar for most of my life, it won' ...
More reviews for: Penicillin, Uti
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Zoloft for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Panic Attacks. The patient has Breast Pain, Hair Loss, Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: urinary tract infections began within the last year and occur every 2 months
hair loss and breast pain began about 2 years ago
- A study of side effects of Pentids '400' for a patient with Rheumatic Fever. The patient has
Comments: Pentid 400bd
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Albuterol, Ambien, Zoloft, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Otitis Externa, Asthma, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Graves Disease. The patient has Pain - Shoulder, Neck Pain, Face Pain Around Ear, Neutropenia, Pressure-related Ear Pain, Ear Pain Both Sides, General Ill Feeling, Chills, Otitis Externa
Comments: A few years back I had medication induced neutropnia due to bactrim. I started getting symptoms in ear.. I had external otitis. I'm having the same symptoms
- A study of side effects of Penicillin for a patient with Tooth Abscess. The patient has Swelling Face
Comments: Nose bleeds also swelling if the throat and chest
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Acid Reflux
Comments: I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
More related studies for: Penicillin, Uti
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.