Review: could Penicillin cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
Summary: Vertigo is found among people who take Penicillin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Penicillin v potassium, and have Neoplasm malignant.
We study 1,430 people who have side effects while taking Penicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Penicillin and have Vertigo >>>
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (view latest outcomes from 1,808 users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.(view latest reports from 162,939 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 1,430 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin. Among them, 52 people (3.64%) have Vertigo.
Time on Penicillin when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Penicillin * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Penicillin * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Penicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neoplasm malignant (17 people, 32.69%)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus (12 people, 23.08%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (11 people, 21.15%)
- Hypercalcaemia (6 people, 11.54%)
- Pain (4 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Penicillin v potassium (37 people, 71.15%)
- Avelox (34 people, 65.38%)
- Zometa (34 people, 65.38%)
- Dexamethasone (33 people, 63.46%)
- Warfarin sodium (26 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vertigo while taking Penicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Penicillin and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Penicillin
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a little lightheadiness after 4 months of sertraline 50 mg is this normal
Hi had a panic attack last fall.. Been on 50 mg sertraline Split my dosage 25mg at 6 am then the other 25 at 10 am.. Headaches have not been as bad but still a little lightheaded is this normal?
- Can penicillin cause dry mouth
I have been feeling run down then came down with bad
Tonsillitis since taki g penicillin my mum is really dry why?
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I was again in agony with lower back pain and pain around my kidneys. I had to swap consultants I am seeing my new one tomorrow but now I am suffering with severe urinary retention I pass urine 1-2 times a day I try to go if my bladder feels full I can be sat on my toilet for 20 mins and its just a few drops so I get bad lower stomach pain too from the pressure as I cannot go properly. My consultant gave me Cefalexin but my GP was very wary giving it to me as I am only 24 years old and they don't usually give it to women.
Does urinary retention cause bad dizziness and how can I help the symptoms because the back and kidney pain along with the lower stomach pain keeps me up for most of the night I am getting about 4-5 hours sleep I work as a nanny so I am constantly feeling exhausted
- 3-4 losartan can harm you
If you ever took more than 4 pill of Losartan ,can this harm you in a way causing death
- Is it safe to take viagra with vestibular problem (1 answer)
Lost my hearing and developed vestibular disorder after benign tumor radio surgery. Just wondering whether is safe to take viagra.
More questions for: Penicillin, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- The fear that follows an attack of vertigo
I awoke one morning and it appeared my furniture was moving in the room. Everything was spinning. I have a ringing in my left ear. Went to an ENT who threw my condition into the catch 22 pile and said I had Meniere Disease. I would not accept that after I researched the horrible ailment. I sought the treatment of a Neurologist who gave me several test including the rotary chair test. He said I did not have Meniere's. I was relieved from the ringing in my ear for a couple of years and then it returned about a month ago with vengeance. I have had no more vertigo attacks like the first, but have had them at bedtime a few times and when I awake I feel fine and they are gone. I am left with a head full of fear since the ENT said I have that dreadful disease. I continue thinking what if it happens at work, or worse while I am driving. Is there anyone who can explain to me just what brings on vertigo and ringing in the ear other then the diagnose the ENT gave me? I remember having vertigo when I was a teen ager but went for years before another attack. How can I eliminate the fear that follows me wherever I go; fear that I will experience an attack somewhere other than my home. Thank you and God bless.
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and this made me very unwell, causing me fatigue which would last for a few days. I'm still searching for help.
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and unable to walk without feeling so dizzy and unable to walk straight that I was fearful I would fall without assistance. Halo affect in front of my eyes and unable physically to do anything. Just wanted to sleep and lie down. Not depressed but my body just did not want to function and could not function when I stood up. Very scary. Hoping will be gone after 48 hours.
- Seizure disorder med problems (1 response)
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of the 2nd week of switching I started the nightmares. I took a one hour nap and had a nightmare that seemed like it went on the entire time. Even if I slept for 20 minutes I had a dream or nightmare. I've sometimes been known to have vivid dreams but never this constant in my entire life. Also, very seldom do I have such terrible dreams. So many in one evening. They are an occasional thing, not an all night long thing.
Also, I have sinus trouble occasionally. The same day the nightmares began I got a terrible headache behind my one eye and under my eye. I have no drainage yet anyway. Not sure if this is during the start up of this medicine, but if I had known it could cause trouble with sinus I would never have started it.
I was put on this as a quick back up plan when the medicine we agreed upon - Levetireacetam made me feel drunk feeling and I had to be careful just walking around my homes and steps.
More reviews for: Penicillin, Vertigo
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- Hands have myoclonic jerks. Then I noticed that my shoulders and fingers were twitching/jerking . Anytime I hold something or try to type, for example, the myoclonus jerks gets really bad. This morning it's bad. Up to this point, it has taken me almost an hour to type this.
- Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- Ive been dizzy and lightheaded for 2 days . It moves from the back of my head to the front. I feel alot of pressure. I take a .5 mg of lexapro at noon daily. I split .25 xanax in half and take half in the morning and half at night before bed to help me sleep.
the symptoms get worse whenIm at work, ...
More related studies for: Penicillin, Vertigo
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.