Review: could Penicillin cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
Summary: Vertigo is found among people who take Penicillin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Penicillin v potassium, and have Neoplasm malignant.
We study 1,438 people who have side effects while taking Penicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Penicillin and have Vertigo >>>
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 1,812 Penicillin users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 164,856 Vertigo patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 1,438 people reported to have side effects when taking Penicillin. Among them, 52 people (3.62%) have Vertigo.
Time on Penicillin when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Penicillin * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Penicillin * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Penicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neoplasm malignant (17 people, 32.69%)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus (12 people, 23.08%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (11 people, 21.15%)
- Hypercalcaemia (6 people, 11.54%)
- Pain (4 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Penicillin v potassium (37 people, 71.15%)
- Avelox (34 people, 65.38%)
- Zometa (34 people, 65.38%)
- Dexamethasone (33 people, 63.46%)
- Warfarin sodium (26 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of penicillin and vertigo on
Do you have Vertigo while taking Penicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Penicillin and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Penicillin
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tramadol, Meloxicam, Gabapentin for a 68-year old man with Joint Pain, Tendon Pain. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Provigil for a 44-year old woman with Narcolepsy. The patient has Vertigo Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Donepezil for a 66-year old man with Forgetfulness. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Paromomycin Sulfate for a 36-year old woman with Parasitic Infection Intestinal. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
Recent Penicillin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.