Home > Pentasa > Fever > Pentasa and Fever
Review: could Pentasa cause Fever?
Summary: Fever is found among people who take Pentasa, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Remicade, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 6,726 people who have side effects while taking Pentasa from FDA and social media. Among them, 500 have Fever. Find out below who they are, when they have Fever and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pentasa and have Fever >>>
Pentasa (latest outcomes from 6,950 users) has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Fever (latest reports from 168,332 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 6,726 people reported to have side effects when taking Pentasa. Among them, 500 people (7.43%) have Fever.
Time on Pentasa when people have Fever * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Pentasa * :
Age of people who have Fever when taking Pentasa * :
Severity of Fever when taking Pentasa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fever ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (325 people, 65.00%)
- Colitis ulcerative (93 people, 18.60%)
- Prophylaxis (31 people, 6.20%)
- Pain (20 people, 4.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (19 people, 3.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Remicade (173 people, 34.60%)
- Humira (132 people, 26.40%)
- Imuran (59 people, 11.80%)
- Prednisolone (58 people, 11.60%)
- Prednisone (54 people, 10.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fever while taking Pentasa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pentasa and have Fever
- support group for people who take Pentasa
- support group for people who have Fever
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane. (1 answer)
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Has anyone ever had numbness in the feet that was caused by taking asacol, and did anyone ever find out that it somehow blocks the absorption of vitamin b in some way? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Asacol)
I have had some numbness in my right foot for a long time due to a broken foot that was set wrong and now sits in my shoes strangely, causing some pain and numbness and swelling. However, recently I've had some numbness in my left foot. After seeing a neurologist on a different matter, she indicat ...
- I have got ulcerative collits
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Pentasa)
hi I have had ulcerative colitis since 2007 I have been taking solfalk, during that time
two years ago a dr gave me pentasa suppository I have been using it for 2 years since that time I developed chloasma (melasma) and my hair is thinning could this medicine be effecting it.
I was fine when ...
- Does lialda creates a erectal disfunction (1 answer)
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has Erectal Disfunction, and takes Lialda)
My sex drive is not there now and I'll been taking lialda for 2 months
- Interactions between quineprox (hydroxychloroquine) &zyvox (linezolid)
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Headache, Fever, Swollen Fingers, Joint Pain, Muscle Tightness And Pain, and takes Zyvox, Cellcept)
I had foot soft tissue infection and hospitalized for two days and given IV for Cipro. Then I was released from the hospital and given Zyvox 600MG twice a day for ten days. Meanwhile, I am taking 2000 MG cellcept and 400MG Hydroxychloriquine for more than 10 years to control my lupus. Around the si ...
More questions for: Pentasa, Fever
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Apriso skin reaction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Redness And Burning Face Mimic Rosacea, Allergic Sinusitis, and takes Apriso)
Began the Apriso late September 2013. Within a couple of weeks had symptoms of a constantly runny nose and sinus pressure. By mid-November 2013, I began have redness of cheeks and nose. Then a progression of the redness with small red swollen blood vessels to surface. There was a burning. Special ...
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Microscopic Colitis, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Asacol Hd, Metformin)
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
- Hand foot mouth disease
(Posted by a 28 year old man who has Hand Foot Mouth Disease, Joint Pain, Fever, and takes Prednisolone)
My illness was not recognized at first.
So I was given some prednisolone and other drugs.
During that time I had a joint pain and it was recovered. But after 5 months i suffered from this joint pain again and I'm suffering from this joint pain still now.I don't understand whether there is an conne ...
More reviews for: Pentasa, Fever
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of B Complex Vitamin for a patient with Ciprofloxacin. The patient has Fever
Comments: started on 15th Sep2014 with mild Fever, running/congested nose, body ache.
Diagnoised as Thypoid on 29Sep 2014, took cefixime+afloxacin tablet for three days.
Moved on to Ciproflaxcin I V, then Afloxacin, after all these no improvement found.
Now increased fever 102'F, heavy body pain, chilled p ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Prozac, Nexium, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Hiatal Hernia, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Stomach Discomfort, Fatigue, Fever, Diarrhea
Comments: Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Drug Addiction. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Fever, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Stomach Discomfort (pain in abdomen), Sinus Headache (headache caused by sinus infections), Allodynia (other pain), Cough
Comments: Began 3 weeks ago with congestion and coughing. Nausea followed, then fever and sinus pressure. Allodynia is the most recent symptom. Has a history of shingles, however the pain has lasted more than 5 days without any blistering or rashes.
More related studies for: Pentasa, Fever
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.