Pentasa and Fever - from FDA reports
Fever is found among people who take Pentasa, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Humira, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Fever with Pentasa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,260 people who have side effects when taking Pentasa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 27, 2017
11,260 people reported to have side effects when taking Pentasa.
Among them, 671 people (5.96%) have Fever
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Pentasa when people have Fever *:
- < 1 month: 40.87 %
- 1 - 6 months: 32.17 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.43 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.61 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.35 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.48 %
- 10+ years: 6.09 %
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Pentasa *:
- female: 51.66 %
- male: 48.34 %
Age of people who have Fever when taking Pentasa *:
- 0-1: 0.17 %
- 2-9: 1.38 %
- 10-19: 10.71 %
- 20-29: 20.55 %
- 30-39: 21.42 %
- 40-49: 14.51 %
- 50-59: 16.23 %
- 60+: 15.03 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (37 people, 5.51%)
- Preventive Health Care (29 people, 4.32%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (26 people, 3.87%)
- Stress And Anxiety (25 people, 3.73%)
- Depression (25 people, 3.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (214 people, 31.89%)
- Remicade (179 people, 26.68%)
- Imuran (72 people, 10.73%)
- Prednisone (58 people, 8.64%)
- Prednisolone (54 people, 8.05%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea (92 people, 13.71%)
- Abdominal Pain (88 people, 13.11%)
- Nausea (81 people, 12.07%)
- Headache (78 people, 11.62%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (77 people, 11.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Fever when taking Pentasa?
- Check symptoms - is fever caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFever and drugs with ingredients of mesalamine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFever and Pentasa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Pentasa has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Pentasa 11,714 users)
Fever has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 260,062 Fever patients).
Browse all side effects of Pentasaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FeverFever
Could your condition cause FeverFever
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello. I've been taking Crestor for 4-6 months now and for the last 2 months I've had 3 fevers. My last one lasting for 7 days. Ive been masking my symptoms with Tylenol or Advil but the doctors can't seem to find anything wrong. Anyone else been through this?
My daughter had a liver transplant in 2011 at age 2, three months ago at age 6 she was placed on rapamune and now she is hospitalized with a diagnosis of herpes simplex. We are being told she caught it becuse of her low immunity to fight but can't determine where she caught it.
User reviews to the study
Hi everyone. I've been on methotrexate for about 10 years for psoriatic arthritis. My friends and family think it's funny how I'm always sweaty and hot when everyone else is comfortable or even cold. I, however, do not find it so funny that while sitting at a restaurant I start literally ...
I have been getting low fever and feelings like I have the flu late in the evening before bedtime. Does any other losartan users have these symptoms?? I take my losartan about 7 hours prior to the feelings>