Home > Pentasa > Pancreatitis > Pentasa and Pancreatitis
Review: could Pentasa cause Pancreatitis?
Summary: Pancreatitis is found among people who take Pentasa, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Remicade, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 6,726 people who have side effects while taking Pentasa from FDA and social media. Among them, 70 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pentasa and have Pancreatitis >>>
Pentasa (latest outcomes from 6,950 users) has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) (latest reports from 31,685 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 6,726 people reported to have side effects when taking Pentasa. Among them, 70 people (1.04%) have Pancreatitis.
Time on Pentasa when people have Pancreatitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Pentasa * :
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Pentasa * :
Severity of Pancreatitis when taking Pentasa ** :
How people recovered from Pancreatitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (31 people, 44.29%)
- Colitis ulcerative (16 people, 22.86%)
- Pain (5 people, 7.14%)
- Abdominal pain (5 people, 7.14%)
- Haemorrhoids (4 people, 5.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Remicade (21 people, 30.00%)
- Flagyl (9 people, 12.86%)
- Azathioprine (7 people, 10.00%)
- Sulfasalazine (6 people, 8.57%)
- Clostridium butyricum (5 people, 7.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Pentasa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pentasa and have Pancreatitis
- support group for people who take Pentasa
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Has anyone ever had numbness in the feet that was caused by taking asacol, and did anyone ever find out that it somehow blocks the absorption of vitamin b in some way?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Asacol)
I have had some numbness in my right foot for a long time due to a broken foot that was set wrong and now sits in my shoes strangely, causing some pain and numbness and swelling. However, recently I've had some numbness in my left foot. After seeing a neurologist on a different matter, she indicat ...
- I have got ulcerative collits
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Pentasa)
hi I have had ulcerative colitis since 2007 I have been taking solfalk, during that time
two years ago a dr gave me pentasa suppository I have been using it for 2 years since that time I developed chloasma (melasma) and my hair is thinning could this medicine be effecting it.
I was fine when ...
- Does lialda creates a erectal disfunction
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has Erectal Disfunction, and takes Lialda)
My sex drive is not there now and I'll been taking lialda for 2 months
- Could my 20 years of methadone use have any relationship to my current condition
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Pancreatitis, Neck Pain, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ondansetron)
Neck pain - radiates to right side of face, shoulder and right arm
More questions for: Pentasa, Pancreatitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pancreatitis while taking rebetol
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Hep-C, Pancreatitis, and takes Peginterferon, Rebetol)
I got Chronic Pancreatitis from taking Rebetol brand capsels of Rivavirain and Interferon. Had the VA used a diferent brand of Rivavirain besides Rebetol I'd most likley would have never gotten the Pancreatitis...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Apriso skin reaction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Redness And Burning Face Mimic Rosacea, Allergic Sinusitis, and takes Apriso)
Began the Apriso late September 2013. Within a couple of weeks had symptoms of a constantly runny nose and sinus pressure. By mid-November 2013, I began have redness of cheeks and nose. Then a progression of the redness with small red swollen blood vessels to surface. There was a burning. Special ...
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Microscopic Colitis, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Asacol Hd, Metformin)
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
More reviews for: Pentasa, Pancreatitis
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Celexa, Copaxone, Ativan, Pentasa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Multiple Sclerosis Relapse, Anxiety Disorder, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Myalgia, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Nerve Pain, Pain - Muscles
Comments: Was put on simvastatin for 5 days, when severe pain hit. Was taken off of it immediately. Put on steriods. SED rate elevated. Prednisone helped just a little, but when weaning down, pain got worse. It has been 6 weeks off medication.
- A study of drug interactions between Neoral, Plaquenil, Rhinocort, Symbicort, Xyzal, Humira, Remicade, Lyrica, Calcium, Vitamin D, Omeprazole, Dipentum, Asacol, Pentasa, Escitalopram, Prednisone for a patient with Lupus, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma, Ulcerative Colitis, Fibromyalgia, Osteopenia, Ulcer - Stomach, Depression. The patient has Autoimmune Disorder, Joint Warmth, Asthma, Colitis Ulcerative, Burning Sensation, Burning Eyes, Burning Feet Syndrome
Comments: I had Pan ulverative colitis since 2000. two years ago had bad pain in joints, back neck. and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia
this year the dr diagnosed me as lupus
he gave me neoral since 2 months and i am not getting any better
burning sensation in hands and feet all day and night
cant s ...
- A study of side effects of Asacol for a patient with Colitis Microscopic. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
Comments: Discontinuing Asacol very gradually. After 2 weeks I have gone from 400 mg to 200 mg. loss of energy; reaction to a pasta dinner; some anxiety. Have to switch to lialda if not better since Asacol in my dose is no longer being made. My doctor wants me to stop both an d see how I do. The reduction in ...
- A study of side effects of Asacol for a patient with Proctitis Ulcerative. The patient has Breathing Difficulty
Comments: I wonder if the medication causes some of these symptoms, and if there are recommendations for alternative medications. I wonder if there is anything that can be done for Essential Tremor, besides epilepsy drugs, which make me feel sick.
More related studies for: Pentasa, Pancreatitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Aspirin and Heart Rate
- Lower Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Since having my gallbladder removed, i have been having an ileum occur. does anyone know why this happens? i have celiac and never had a stomache or vomiting until the gladdbladder was removed.
i feel that the removal of the gallbladder has caused my s ... (2 hours ago)
- Is it ok to take fioricet and albuterol together?
I have been having bad headaches the pain is behind my yes ... (5 hours ago)
- I'm on two meds, can librium and diclofenac sodium be taken at the same time
Trying too find out if I can safely take these two drugs t ... (11 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (1 day ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pantoprazole, Aspirin, Amlodipine Besylate And Atorvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone for a 40-year old woman who has Gout, Heart Attack, Lower Cholesterol, Rheumatoid Arthritis (8 minutes ago)
- Prozac, Vyvanse for a 47-year old woman who has Depression, ADHD (14 minutes ago)
- Pravastatin Sodium, Pantoprazole for a 59-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Triglycerides Abnormal (1 hour ago)