Home > Pepcid ac > Flushing > Pepcid ac and Flushing
Review: could Pepcid ac cause Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing)?
Summary: Flushing is found among people who take Pepcid ac, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 3,172 people who have side effects while taking Pepcid ac from FDA and social media. Among them, 26 have Flushing. Find out below who they are, when they have Flushing and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pepcid ac and have Flushing >>>
Pepcid ac (latest outcomes from 3,314 users) has active ingredients of famotidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) (latest reports from 377,846 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 3,172 people reported to have side effects when taking Pepcid ac. Among them, 26 people (0.82%) have Flushing.
Time on Pepcid ac when people have Flushing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Flushing when taking Pepcid ac * :
Age of people who have Flushing when taking Pepcid ac * :
Severity of Flushing when taking Pepcid ac ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Flushing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (8 people, 30.77%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 26.92%)
- Hypothyroidism (6 people, 23.08%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (6 people, 23.08%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (2 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (8 people, 30.77%)
- Ritalin (6 people, 23.08%)
- Toprol-xl (6 people, 23.08%)
- Lomotil (6 people, 23.08%)
- Ambien (6 people, 23.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Flushing while taking Pepcid Ac?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pepcid ac and have Flushing
- support group for people who take Pepcid ac
- support group for people who have Flushing
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Nausea, Skin Blushing/flushing, Migraine Without Aura, and takes Cordarone)
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- I take famotidine and i have been doing a lot of sneezing with after i take it
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Sneezing, and takes Famotidine)
i have been ding a lot of sneezing after I take famotidine or a probiotic why is this happening.
- I use axiron and levitra together
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Flushing)
when i take my 5mg of levitra i get flush in the face i also take one pump of axiron in the morning and still having problems down below
- What are the side effects while taking fentanyl with garcinia cambogia
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Skin Blushing/flushing, and takes Fentanyl-75, Cymbalta, Lorazepam, Baclofen, Requip, Percocet, Garcinia Cambogia)
I'm having headaches flushing/blushing in the face, tired, dizziness. I think that I might be allergic to it the garcinia cambogia ultra. I need to know if I can be on the fentanyl patch and take Garcinia Cambogia Ultra?
- I have a peptic ulcer and my blood pressure goes up and down is this normal .i usually have prefect blood pressure. what is causing this to happen.
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Peptic Ulcer, and takes Pepcid)
I have been on a bland diet for a peptic ulcer last night i tried to eat regular food and my blood pressure spiked up to 158/107 for just a few mins and came down but it has been going up and down. Is this normal?
More questions for: Pepcid ac, Flushing
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Allergy, Urticaria, and takes Lansoprazole, Famotidine, Vitamin C)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
More reviews for: Pepcid ac, Flushing
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Methotrexate, Loratadine, Lansoprazole, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Folic Acid, Co-codamol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Adalat for a patient with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome/osteoarthritis, Raynaud's Phenomenon. The patient has Skin Blushing/flushing, Hypoxia, Fatigue - Chronic, Gout, Breathlessness
Comments: Lung function tests outcome - OK for someone with Primary Sjogrens Syndrome. Sprirometery Tests - 320 (normal between 300 - 400) GP told me. Hypoxia diagnosed when I went for pre-op testing and again after op. GP told me everything was normal.
After knee arthroscopy recently - surgeon told me I ...
- A study of side effects of Famotidine for a patient with Gerd. The patient has
Comments: my aunt 85yrs old has been battling major pain for the past several years. She has a history of stones,uti,s and contipation with an very bad inpaction sending her into the hospital this time last yesr along with a uti. She almost did not come out.She is extremely intolerent of narcotics,they make ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Pepcid, Benadryl, Ativan for a patient with Allergy To Food, Allergic Reactions, Anxiety. The patient has Prednisone
Comments: I had an allergic reaction last thursday after i ate a sandwich nothing out of the ordinary turkey, mayo, lettece, pepperjack cheese, tomato, avacodo, and mustard. my throught began to swelll up to where i could no longer swollow. they gave me prednisone 60mg and 50 mg of benadryl, and 20 mg of pepc ...
More related studies for: Pepcid ac, Flushing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Zyprexa and Infertility
- Biotin and Vaginal Discharge
- Gynaecomastia and Atenolol
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (3 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (7 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (3 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (7 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zoloft for a 27-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder (20 minutes ago)
- Pantoprazole, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Opana Er, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Augmentin '875' for a 57-year old man who has Heartburn, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety And Stress, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain, Surgery (1 hour ago)
- Tylenol W/ Codeine for a 25-year old woman who has TMD (3 hours ago)