Pepcid ac and Flushing - from FDA reports
Flushing is found among people who take Pepcid ac, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Ambien, and have Enlarged prostate. This review analyzes which people have Flushing with Pepcid ac. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,101 people who have side effects when taking Pepcid ac from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
4,101 people reported to have side effects when taking Pepcid ac.
Among them, 27 people (0.66%) have Flushing
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Flushing when taking Pepcid ac *:
- female: 29.63 %
- male: 70.37 %
Age of people who have Flushing when taking Pepcid ac *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 7.69 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 38.46 %
- 60+: 53.85 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypothyroidism (6 people, 22.22%)
- Enlarged Prostate (6 people, 22.22%)
- High Blood Pressure (5 people, 18.52%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (4 people, 14.81%)
- Low Density Lipoprotein Increased (2 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ritalin (7 people, 25.93%)
- Lomotil (7 people, 25.93%)
- Folic Acid (7 people, 25.93%)
- Ambien (7 people, 25.93%)
- Niaspan (6 people, 22.22%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Itching (13 people, 48.15%)
- Dizziness (10 people, 37.04%)
- Joint Pain (9 people, 33.33%)
- Rashes (8 people, 29.63%)
- Back Pain (7 people, 25.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Flushing when taking Pepcid ac?
- Check symptoms - is flushing caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFlushing and drugs with ingredients of famotidine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFlushing and Pepcid ac from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Pepcid ac has active ingredients of famotidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Pepcid ac 4,325 users)
Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 71,439 Flushing patients).
Browse all side effects of Pepcid aca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FlushingFlushing
Could your condition cause FlushingFlushing
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
Taking one 50,000 vitamin D2 per week. Did not cause a red face, that I noticed, until the 7th week. I really don't look in the mirror that often so I can't be sure that it wasn't causing a red face all along.
Hi! I am having symbicort 12/400 twice a day for twelve years. Two years ago I started with red face, thats's increasing more and more. Now I'm supecting of cushing. Anibody else with red face can while taking symbicort for so long time?
I took levothyroxine for 6 weeks. Changed to armour 7 days ago due to it messing with my eyes. I noticed I have red face now.....almost is a butterfly rash but noticed my face all around is rough...,not smooth like it normally is. Can levo do this
Hello, long term sufferer of gout. Which seriously causes facial flushing. I do take a BP pill but the flushing is worse after protein consumption. Would be nice to have a fix for this. I spritz my face with 32oz water a day to keep cool and small fans everywhere I sit or lye down. Any ...