Review: could Pepcid cause Platelet count decreased (Thrombocytopenia )?
Summary: Platelet count decreased is found among people who take Pepcid, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Hypertension.
We study 22,363 people who have side effects while taking Pepcid from FDA and social media. Among them, 413 have Platelet count decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Platelet count decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pepcid and have Platelet count decreased >>>
Pepcid has active ingredients of famotidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Pepcid 22,830 users)
Platelet count decreased
Platelet count decreased has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, schizophrenia.(latest reports from Platelet count decreased 40,979 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 22,361 people reported to have side effects when taking Pepcid. Among them, 413 people (1.85%) have Platelet Count Decreased.
Time on Pepcid when people have Platelet count decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Platelet count decreased||54.02%||20.69%||3.45%||13.79%||5.75%||2.30%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Pepcid * :
|Platelet count decreased||42.08%||57.92% |
Age of people who have Platelet count decreased when taking Pepcid * :
|Platelet count decreased||0.23%||0.94%||1.64%||5.39%||3.98%||11.48%||26.93%||49.41% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (26 people, 6.30%)
- Multiple myeloma (20 people, 4.84%)
- Breast cancer (19 people, 4.60%)
- Pain (18 people, 4.36%)
- Prophylaxis (13 people, 3.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (78 people, 18.89%)
- Aspirin (60 people, 14.53%)
- Prednisone (55 people, 13.32%)
- Ambien (47 people, 11.38%)
- Pepcid rpd (46 people, 11.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Platelet Count Decreased while taking Pepcid?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Pepcid and have Platelet Count Decreased
- support group for people who take Pepcid
- support group for people who have Platelet Count Decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Pepcid, Platelet count decreased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions (1 response)
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
More reviews for: Pepcid, Platelet count decreased
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Coughing is severe often to the point that things go black and there is a ringing in my ears. I have never passed out, though I often think I may. I have allergies and my coughing onset is usually due to aspiration of food drink or sinus drainage. Sometimes It begins with a sharp tickle in my lar ...
- I also am hyperthyroid and have been having heart pounding and check pressure and am trying to narrow down if this is medication, GERD, Hyperthyroidism, or something else. Had EKG, blood pressure, and check X-ray. All normal.
- Venlafaxine was started for major depression and anti-anxiety. Hives broke out 6 months after begin date of Venlafaxine. Allergist has prescribed/recommended the rest of the anti-histamine drugs. Hives and depression still linger.
- 6 weeks ago, while on a program of prednisone reduction, my taste and appetite disappeared. All food tastes like cardboard. Prednisone was increased again about 3 weeks ago, however, appetite and taste remains gone. Any suggestions?
- Started Azulfadine, replacing plaquenil long qt cause, dark urine and burning urination. 5 days later started pepcid, replacing prilosec long qt cause, after one day extreme low back pain, felt like Duralegic patch not working. 4 days later still have low back pain. Stopped Azulfadine ec and pepcid ...
More related studies for: Pepcid, Platelet count decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.