Review: could Percocet cause Boils (Furuncle)?
Summary: Boils is found among people who take Percocet, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Ambien, and have Hypertension.
We study 24,291 people who have side effects while taking Percocet from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Boils. Find out below who they are, when they have Boils and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Percocet and have Boils >>>
Percocet has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Percocet 26,450 users)
Boils (infection of the hair follicle) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, crohn's disease, psoriasis, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Boils 2,254 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 24,280 people reported to have side effects when taking Percocet. Among them, 19 people (0.08%) have Boils.
Time on Percocet when people have Boils * :
Age of people who have Boils when taking Percocet * :
Severity of Boils when taking Percocet ** :
How people recovered from Boils ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (13 people, 68.42%)
- Crohn's disease (4 people, 21.05%)
- Psoriasis (2 people, 10.53%)
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 5.26%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (1 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (12 people, 63.16%)
- Proventil (12 people, 63.16%)
- Wellbutrin (12 people, 63.16%)
- Motrin (12 people, 63.16%)
- Prilosec (12 people, 63.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Boils while taking Percocet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Percocet and have Boils
- support group for people who take Percocet
- support group for people who have Boils
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Last night went to hospital as i was shaking and dizzy scared it was after my third dose of avelox. is this a side effect? i'm scared to take anything even my regular medications today was shaking
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped, Dizzy, Shaky, and takes Percocet, Fentanyl, Avelox)
Taken pain mess for years got chest infection was given avelox three days ago. Last nights dose I started shaking couldn't breathe so shaky yet I am dehydrated too. I had woke up drank coffee then took my mess regular and started shaking all over again. Drank three glasses of juice and two of water ...
- Reoccurring ovarian remnants? is there another answer? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Ovarian Remnant Syndrome, and takes Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Imitrex)
Besides depot Lupron, has anyone has relief from recurring cysts and endometriosis from ovarian remnant syndrome? I have had 7 surgeries trying to remove these elusive remnants. Needless to say I am not excited to do more surgery and no doctor wants to either. In the past depot Lupron has had more s ...
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Chills And Multiple Myeloma, and takes Protonix, Acetaminophen, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Lasix, Valtrex, Oxycontin, Percocet, Cytoxan, Velcade)
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- How long does blurred vision normally last after percocet is stopped?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Blurred Vision, and takes Percocet)
I took Percocet for pain for one week after rotator cuff surgery. My vision was blurred shortly after I began taking it, but I've been off of it for three weeks with no improvement in my vision. How long does this condition normally last?
- Does gravol leave a sick sweet taste in your mouth?
(Asked by a 28 year old woman who has Sweet, Bad Taste In My Mouth, and takes Percocet , Gravol)
I just had an appendectomy and am on percocet and gravol. I have this disgusting sweet taste in my mouth that I can not get rid of with brushing my teeth and I'd like to know if this is a side effect of either of these drugs
More questions for: Percocet, Boils
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Why does my urine smell bad?
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Urine Abnormality, and takes Percocet)
urine has very strong fowel odor. smells like rotting meat. very concentrated and cloudy and dark color.
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis? (2 responses)
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Herniated Intervertebral Disk 7 Total, Spinal Stenosis, Fibromyalgia, Periodontitis, and takes Cymbalta, Percocet, Oxycontin)
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Imitrex, Westcort, Kenalog, Garcinia Cambogia, Singulair, Ultracet, Baclofen, Percocet, Naproxen, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Microgestin Fe 1/20)
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Boils vanish after taking micardis
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Boils, High Blood Pressure, and takes Micardis)
I was taking Atacand for many years for blood pressure. I suffered boils in my groin for approx 6 years, even having them cut out under a general, and they still returned. Started taking Micardis and they have disappeared, so relieved and happy.
More reviews for: Percocet, Boils
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Percocet, Chantix for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Back Injury, Stop Smoking. The patient has Sweating Increased
Comments: I was on Chantix for the "allotted" time through the Air Force. It was not long enough so I stopped taking it (sweating stopped) After about 3 months, I was able to get Chantix through the mail from the military and as soon as I reached a stable blood level (I'm assuming it was because of the level ...
- A study of side effects of Percocet for a patient with Pain - Bones. The patient has Cerebral Spinal Fluid Culture
Comments: I have times, about once per week where I can't stay awake. This will last about 2 days. During this time I'm taking less percocet. I have been on 10/325mg for about 5 years. max of 6 per day. I never abuse them and they work well for pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Pain - Back, Hyperactive Thyroid Causing Racing Heart And Body Tremors.
Comments: I have scoliosis and suffer from back pain but am not using Percocet all the time just when needed. I have just been prescribed metoprolol tart. Will the 2 have any bad interactions? I have also suffered from depression will this be a problem taking the bata blocker?
- A study of drug interactions between Sumatriptan, Lunesta, Soma, Klonopin, Percocet for a patient with Migraine, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Muscle Rigidity, Anxiety, Moderated To Severe Pain. The patient has Acid Reflux
Comments: I just started taking the Percocet and the Klonopin. I have taken Klonopin before and have never noticed the Acid Reflux. Whilst I have had Acid Reflux in the past, Omeprazole has always cleared it up if taken daily. Omeprazole and other medications like it are doing nothing, even with the addition ...
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycet, Percocet, Lyrica for a patient with Nerve Pain. The patient has Nerve Compression
Comments: For #3 Symptoms -- Am I Recovered? My answer would be somewhat while on the drugs. I have been unable to find total and complete from the pain I have been experiencing due to nerve compression from a herniated disk in my back.
More related studies for: Percocet, Boils
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.