Review: could Percocet cause Heartburn - chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Heartburn - chronic is found among people who take Percocet, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Vioxx, and have Pain.
We study 24,319 people who have side effects while taking Percocet from FDA and social media. Among them, 71 have Heartburn - chronic. Find out below who they are, when they have Heartburn - chronic and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Percocet and have Heartburn - chronic >>>
Percocet has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 26,474 Percocet users)
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 19,207 Heartburn - chronic patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 24,313 people reported to have side effects when taking Percocet. Among them, 71 people (0.29%) have Heartburn - Chronic.
Time on Percocet when people have Heartburn - chronic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heartburn - chronic||20.00%||20.00%||10.00%||0.00%||30.00%||10.00%||10.00% |
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Percocet * :
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.41%||5.88%||23.53%||45.59%||20.59% |
Severity of Heartburn - chronic when taking Percocet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heartburn - chronic||11.11%||55.56%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heartburn - chronic ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (31 people, 43.66%)
- Muscle spasms (16 people, 22.54%)
- Restless legs syndrome (14 people, 19.72%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (13 people, 18.31%)
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 18.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (24 people, 33.80%)
- Ambien (24 people, 33.80%)
- Prilosec (22 people, 30.99%)
- Lexapro (21 people, 29.58%)
- Neurontin (21 people, 29.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Leslie (3 years ago):
F, 19yr, severe heartburn while on Percocet, started happening after my gallbladder was removed. Havent been taking them for very long or very often either.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of percocet and heartburn - chronic on
Do you have Heartburn - Chronic while taking Percocet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Percocet and have Heartburn - Chronic
- support group for people who take Percocet
- support group for people who have Heartburn - Chronic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Percocet for a 38-year old man with Lumbar Spine Flattening. The patient has Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes)
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone And Acetaminophen for a 62-year old man with Low Back Pain. The patient has Penis Deviation
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
- A study of drug interactions between Aciphex, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59 for a 16-year old girl with Reflux Gastritis, Iron Deficiency. The patient has Eczema Nummular, Cold Intolerance, Hyposomnia, Heartburn
Recent Percocet related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.