Home > Percocet > Heartburn - chronic > Percocet and Heartburn - chronic
Review: could Percocet cause Heartburn - chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Heartburn - chronic is found among people who take Percocet, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Vioxx, and have Pain.
We study 24,280 people who have side effects while taking Percocet from FDA and social media. Among them, 71 have Heartburn - chronic. Find out below who they are, when they have Heartburn - chronic and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Percocet and have Heartburn - chronic >>>
Percocet (latest outcomes from 26,445 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) (latest reports from 10,551 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 20, 2014: 24,280 people reported to have side effects when taking Percocet. Among them, 71 people (0.29%) have Heartburn - Chronic.
Time on Percocet when people have Heartburn - chronic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heartburn - chronic||20.00%||20.00%||10.00%||0.00%||30.00%||10.00%||10.00% |
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Percocet * :
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.41%||5.88%||23.53%||45.59%||20.59% |
Severity of Heartburn - chronic when taking Percocet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heartburn - chronic||11.11%||55.56%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heartburn - chronic ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (31 people, 43.66%)
- Muscle spasms (16 people, 22.54%)
- Restless legs syndrome (14 people, 19.72%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (13 people, 18.31%)
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 18.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (24 people, 33.80%)
- Ambien (24 people, 33.80%)
- Prilosec (22 people, 30.99%)
- Lexapro (21 people, 29.58%)
- Neurontin (21 people, 29.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Leslie (2 years ago):
F, 19yr, severe heartburn while on Percocet, started happening after my gallbladder was removed. Havent been taking them for very long or very often either.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heartburn - Chronic while taking Percocet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Percocet and have Heartburn - Chronic
- support group for people who take Percocet
- support group for people who have Heartburn - Chronic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic, and takes Omeprazole)
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started omeprazole which after taking it for about 2 weeks,I didn't realize that I was stressing and having anxiety due to this drug. but it kept taking it . I got worse and worse every time I tried to do something I would get terrible anxiety and depr ...
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has GERD, Autoimmune Hepatitis, and takes Protonix)
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
- How many people suffered by gastro intestianal upset by taking paliperidone palmitate?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has GERD, and takes Invega Sustenna)
paliperidone and antacid combonation used??
can anybody tell these combination is apprpriate to take??
details about palaiperidone palmita?
advere effects of paliperidone palmitate?
- Last night went to hospital as i was shaking and dizzy scared it was after my third dose of avelox. is this a side effect? i'm scared to take anything even my regular medications today was shaking
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped, Dizzy, Shaky, and takes Percocet, Fentanyl, Avelox)
Taken pain mess for years got chest infection was given avelox three days ago. Last nights dose I started shaking couldn't breathe so shaky yet I am dehydrated too. I had woke up drank coffee then took my mess regular and started shaking all over again. Drank three glasses of juice and two of water ...
More questions for: Percocet, Heartburn - chronic
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has REFLUX, LOSS OF VOICE, Now Diagnosed With DES, LRP, DYSPHONIA, and takes HCTZ, Clindamycin)
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Heartburn, Nausea, Heart Palpitations)
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Why does my urine smell bad?
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Urine Abnormality, and takes Percocet)
urine has very strong fowel odor. smells like rotting meat. very concentrated and cloudy and dark color.
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis?
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Herniated Intervertebral Disk 7 Total, Spinal Stenosis, Fibromyalgia, Periodontitis, and takes Cymbalta, Percocet, Oxycontin)
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated ...
More reviews for: Percocet, Heartburn - chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Percocet, Chantix for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Back Injury, Stop Smoking. The patient has Sweating Increased
Comments: I was on Chantix for the "allotted" time through the Air Force. It was not long enough so I stopped taking it (sweating stopped) After about 3 months, I was able to get Chantix through the mail from the military and as soon as I reached a stable blood level (I'm assuming it was because of the level ...
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Spinal Cord Injury Cervical. The patient has Abdominal Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen), Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- A study of side effects of Percocet for a patient with Pain - Bones. The patient has Cerebral Spinal Fluid Culture
Comments: I have times, about once per week where I can't stay awake. This will last about 2 days. During this time I'm taking less percocet. I have been on 10/325mg for about 5 years. max of 6 per day. I never abuse them and they work well for pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Acid Reflux
Comments: I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Pain - Back, Hyperactive Thyroid Causing Racing Heart And Body Tremors. The patient has
Comments: I have scoliosis and suffer from back pain but am not using Percocet all the time just when needed. I have just been prescribed metoprolol tart. Will the 2 have any bad interactions? I have also suffered from depression will this be a problem taking the bata blocker?
More related studies for: Percocet, Heartburn - chronic
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.