Percocet and High blood sugar - from FDA reports
High blood sugar is found among people who take Percocet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have High blood sugar with Percocet. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,400 people who have side effects when taking Percocet from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 20, 2017
40,400 people reported to have side effects when taking Percocet.
Among them, 271 people (0.67%) have High blood sugar
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Percocet when people have High blood sugar *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Percocet *:
- female: 58.71 %
- male: 41.29 %
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Percocet *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.63 %
- 20-29: 2.04 %
- 30-39: 6.94 %
- 40-49: 18.78 %
- 50-59: 34.29 %
- 60+: 36.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (32 people, 11.81%)
- Bipolar Disorder (26 people, 9.59%)
- Osteoporosis (22 people, 8.12%)
- Depression (21 people, 7.75%)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (20 people, 7.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (99 people, 36.53%)
- Zometa (93 people, 34.32%)
- Prilosec (88 people, 32.47%)
- Neurontin (88 people, 32.47%)
- Aredia (83 people, 30.63%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (107 people, 39.48%)
- Anaemia (95 people, 35.06%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (89 people, 32.84%)
- Pneumonia (83 people, 30.63%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (78 people, 28.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have High blood sugar when taking Percocet?
- Check symptoms - is high blood sugar caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHigh blood sugar and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHigh blood sugar and Percocet from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Percocet has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Percocet 43,778 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 26,002 High blood sugar patients).
Browse all side effects of Percoceta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
Could your condition cause High blood sugarHigh blood sugar
What would happen?
Questions to the study
acute onset numbness , weakness, and gait abnormalities over year ago, other abnormal sensations/functions and pain came on later, symptoms involving mostly sensory and autonomic with some motor persist but fluctuate. have a hard time controlling and dealing with the pain especially. sometimes ...
User reviews to the study
I have been off and on percs the last 9 months . No more than three 15's a day .... Developed tingling and numbness about 6 months ago ... Have been off of them 10 days now . How long does this numbness last
I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?
Wondering about the correlation between total thyroidectomy, an deterioration of spinal column, all levels involved, leading to chronic pain an percocet needed on daily basis. Cervical surgery cannot be done