Review: could Percocet cause Indigestion?
Summary: Indigestion is found among people who take Percocet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 24,291 people who have side effects while taking Percocet from FDA and social media. Among them, 488 have Indigestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Indigestion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Percocet and have Indigestion >>>
Percocet has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Percocet 26,450 users)
Indigestion has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, pain.(latest reports from Indigestion 51,731 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 24,280 people reported to have side effects when taking Percocet. Among them, 488 people (2.01%) have Indigestion.
Time on Percocet when people have Indigestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Indigestion when taking Percocet * :
Severity of Indigestion when taking Percocet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Indigestion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (91 people, 18.65%)
- Osteoporosis (42 people, 8.61%)
- Multiple myeloma (31 people, 6.35%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (27 people, 5.53%)
- Anxiety (25 people, 5.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (151 people, 30.94%)
- Oxycontin (143 people, 29.30%)
- Ambien (121 people, 24.80%)
- Prilosec (116 people, 23.77%)
- Aredia (110 people, 22.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Indigestion while taking Percocet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Percocet and have Indigestion
- support group for people who take Percocet
- support group for people who have Indigestion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Last night went to hospital as i was shaking and dizzy scared it was after my third dose of avelox. is this a side effect? i'm scared to take anything even my regular medications today was shaking
Taken pain mess for years got chest infection was given avelox three days ago. Last nights dose I started shaking couldn't breathe so shaky yet I am dehydrated too. I had woke up drank coffee then took my mess regular and started shaking all over again. Drank three glasses of juice and two of water felt better but still off. I only take one dose of avelox a day and think I should stop it, should I?
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating more alkaline foods, alkalizing my water, and avoiding really acidic foods. Stopped taking my acid reducers because they actually KEPT me more acidic. I noticed that when my body's pH was up (alkaline) the pain was tolerable but when it began to drop (acid) the pain kicked up again. My doctors say they don't necessarily think it's pancreatitis because the ultrasound doesn't show inflammation & my blood test numbers are only slightly elevated. My liver enzymes are also slightly elevated. The doctors don't Seem very concerned. Today, for the first time in 2 months since this whole thing started I noticed I'm jaundiced. What the heck is this?
- Reoccurring ovarian remnants? is there another answer? (1 answer)
Besides depot Lupron, has anyone has relief from recurring cysts and endometriosis from ovarian remnant syndrome? I have had 7 surgeries trying to remove these elusive remnants. Needless to say I am not excited to do more surgery and no doctor wants to either. In the past depot Lupron has had more side effects than I can handle-including depression.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- How long does blurred vision normally last after percocet is stopped?
I took Percocet for pain for one week after rotator cuff surgery. My vision was blurred shortly after I began taking it, but I've been off of it for three weeks with no improvement in my vision. How long does this condition normally last?
More questions for: Percocet, Indigestion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my food, anything fresh out of microwave. Now I smell it in my bowel movement. I called Doctor earlier in week reported. He wants to wait about a week and call back if persists. I am a diabetic and first few days this helped. Doctor reduced my insulin and got me off glimepiride and my Sugar readings have been higher since such as 175-200. This is my only medicine change close to time period. Please respond with help or if you experience similar problems.
- Why does my urine smell bad?
urine has very strong fowel odor. smells like rotting meat. very concentrated and cloudy and dark color.
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis? (2 responses)
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated disks in My back only. Now with all the findings, there are 7 Herniated disks from My neck to My lower back.
Also since 2010, I was diagnosed with Periodontitis and have been losing all of My teeth in the top of My mouth.
I am 44 yrs old now, have been on disability for the last 4 years. I am down to 6 teeth in the top of My mouth, since having 1 removed just last week. They are telling Me that 3 more need to come out, and I am trying not to sink into total depression, especially since these are now My front teeth. I have a appointment today for a Denture Exam.
I started researching today to see if this Periodontitis is related to either My Spinal Stenosis or My Fibromyalgia. Especially since I once again looked up the definition for Periodontitis. Which States;
**Periodontal Disease and Bone Health. Periodontitis is a chronic infection that affects the gums and the bones that support the teeth. Bacteria and the body's own immune system break down the bone and connective tissue that hold teeth in place.
Of course with My disease of Spinal Stenosis and the bone loss as well as the nerve narrowing, I thought the breaking down of the bone in the gums might have a connection. Research didnt find any linking.
Now with Fibromyalgia, research showed 6 out of 17 thousand that they found. LOL Wow.. Well I guess I am "Number 7". Lucky Me! But it does make more sense now that looking at the definition. It is a Chronic infection (which Fibromyalia does create these) that effects the gums and bones. Bacteria and The Body's own Immune System break down the bone and connective tissue that hold the teeth. Which with Fibromyalgia, our Immune System is always all kinds of "Crazy"!
Oh course you can not have any of these diseases, or any other health issues and wind up with Periodontitis. It happens. But I know from lots of reading, researching and living with Fibromyalgia, that it is "Very Possible"!
I would sure like to know what others with these 2 diseases are experiencing.
Have a Blessed Day.
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cetaphil moisturizer, and started using the black soap which is apparently helping. I started a vegetarian diet and eat mainly the same foods daily to monitor anything for allergies. I stopped taking the pill 3 days ago and I am optimistic. I am hoping others have had positive experiences.
More reviews for: Percocet, Indigestion
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I was on Chantix for the "allotted" time through the Air Force. It was not long enough so I stopped taking it (sweating stopped) After about 3 months, I was able to get Chantix through the mail from the military and as soon as I reached a stable blood level (I'm assuming it was because of the level ...
- I have times, about once per week where I can't stay awake. This will last about 2 days. During this time I'm taking less percocet. I have been on 10/325mg for about 5 years. max of 6 per day. I never abuse them and they work well for pain.
- I have scoliosis and suffer from back pain but am not using Percocet all the time just when needed. I have just been prescribed metoprolol tart. Will the 2 have any bad interactions? I have also suffered from depression will this be a problem taking the bata blocker?
- Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- I just started taking the Percocet and the Klonopin. I have taken Klonopin before and have never noticed the Acid Reflux. Whilst I have had Acid Reflux in the past, Omeprazole has always cleared it up if taken daily. Omeprazole and other medications like it are doing nothing, even with the addition ...
More related studies for: Percocet, Indigestion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.