Percocet and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Percocet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Percocet. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,400 people who have side effects when taking Percocet from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 17, 2017
40,400 people reported to have side effects when taking Percocet.
Among them, 975 people (2.41%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Percocet when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 76.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 3.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 13.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Percocet *:
- female: 69.71 %
- male: 30.29 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Percocet *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.14 %
- 20-29: 4.69 %
- 30-39: 7.6 %
- 40-49: 23.32 %
- 50-59: 25.35 %
- 60+: 37.9 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (85 people, 8.72%)
- Depression (66 people, 6.77%)
- High Blood Pressure (64 people, 6.56%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (43 people, 4.41%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (42 people, 4.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Oxycontin (146 people, 14.97%)
- Zometa (136 people, 13.95%)
- Lasix (131 people, 13.44%)
- Ambien (119 people, 12.21%)
- Neurontin (110 people, 11.28%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (404 people, 41.44%)
- Fatigue (237 people, 24.31%)
- Nausea (223 people, 22.87%)
- Breathing Difficulty (185 people, 18.97%)
- Joint Pain (184 people, 18.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Itching when taking Percocet?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Percocet from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Percocet has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Percocet 43,778 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 165,432 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Percoceta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
How long after stopping will the itching stop? Has been 5 days is no way as bad or often seems to be less every day, was horrible when taking. Would think after 5 days any side effect should be gone completely.
User reviews to the study
I have been off and on percs the last 9 months . No more than three 15's a day .... Developed tingling and numbness about 6 months ago ... Have been off of them 10 days now . How long does this numbness last
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...
I had my gallbladder removed and had a problem with chronic diarrhea. I also have high cholesterol. My doctor put me on cholesterol medication called Welchol. At first, it was wonderful because it stopped me from having diarrhea so much. But now my skin itches everywhere even in my scalp.