Review: could Percocet cause Rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Rash is found among people who take Percocet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 24,291 people who have side effects while taking Percocet from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,379 have Rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Rash and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Percocet and have Rash >>>
Percocet has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Percocet 26,450 users)
Rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Rash 150,227 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 24,291 people reported to have side effects when taking Percocet. Among them, 1,379 people (5.68%) have Rash.
Time on Percocet when people have Rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Rash when taking Percocet * :
Severity of Rash when taking Percocet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (261 people, 18.93%)
- Multiple myeloma (145 people, 10.51%)
- Metastases to bone (142 people, 10.30%)
- Depression (108 people, 7.83%)
- Hypertension (106 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (565 people, 40.97%)
- Aredia (449 people, 32.56%)
- Neurontin (387 people, 28.06%)
- Aspirin (377 people, 27.34%)
- Ambien (366 people, 26.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rash while taking Percocet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Percocet and have Rash
- support group for people who take Percocet
- support group for people who have Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Last night went to hospital as i was shaking and dizzy scared it was after my third dose of avelox. is this a side effect? i'm scared to take anything even my regular medications today was shaking
Taken pain mess for years got chest infection was given avelox three days ago. Last nights dose I started shaking couldn't breathe so shaky yet I am dehydrated too. I had woke up drank coffee then took my mess regular and started shaking all over again. Drank three glasses of juice and two of water felt better but still off. I only take one dose of avelox a day and think I should stop it, should I?
- How long does redness last after picato?
After 3 and a half weeks, I still have a huge red splotch on my face where I applied picato gel according to directions from my dermatologist. I'm very worried that it will be permanent. I had a huge water filled blister the morning after my first application of the gel. I used it two more times as directed. After a week, some of the redness was going away but I've seen no more improvement in the past two weeks. I'm still scaley, rough and red.
Has anyone else experience this? I went by the doctors office the first morning and was told it was as expected. I've called back and been told not to worry. I see the dr in two more weeks, but for now, I'm quite upset that permanent damage has been done. I was not warned at all that this could happen. The photos in the medication packaging led me to believe that in 3 weeks, all redness would be gone. Info needed for sure. Please let me know. Thanks
- Reoccurring ovarian remnants? is there another answer? (1 answer)
Besides depot Lupron, has anyone has relief from recurring cysts and endometriosis from ovarian remnant syndrome? I have had 7 surgeries trying to remove these elusive remnants. Needless to say I am not excited to do more surgery and no doctor wants to either. In the past depot Lupron has had more side effects than I can handle-including depression.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
- I used coartem and developed redish all over my body. can coartem cause rashes
i developed rashes which is itching me after using coartem for three days. also having sensation in my mouth and blister at the angle of my lips. could it be a side effect from coartem?
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
More questions for: Percocet, Rash
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have eaten regularly aside from kale. Friday morning, my entire body was covered in the same rash that appeared Tuesday. I went to the ER. The doc said it was some type of allergic reaction. The ONLY thing I did/consumed different was the kale. I can't find much about it's reactions, though.
- Why does my urine smell bad?
urine has very strong fowel odor. smells like rotting meat. very concentrated and cloudy and dark color.
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis? (2 responses)
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated disks in My back only. Now with all the findings, there are 7 Herniated disks from My neck to My lower back.
Also since 2010, I was diagnosed with Periodontitis and have been losing all of My teeth in the top of My mouth.
I am 44 yrs old now, have been on disability for the last 4 years. I am down to 6 teeth in the top of My mouth, since having 1 removed just last week. They are telling Me that 3 more need to come out, and I am trying not to sink into total depression, especially since these are now My front teeth. I have a appointment today for a Denture Exam.
I started researching today to see if this Periodontitis is related to either My Spinal Stenosis or My Fibromyalgia. Especially since I once again looked up the definition for Periodontitis. Which States;
**Periodontal Disease and Bone Health. Periodontitis is a chronic infection that affects the gums and the bones that support the teeth. Bacteria and the body's own immune system break down the bone and connective tissue that hold teeth in place.
Of course with My disease of Spinal Stenosis and the bone loss as well as the nerve narrowing, I thought the breaking down of the bone in the gums might have a connection. Research didnt find any linking.
Now with Fibromyalgia, research showed 6 out of 17 thousand that they found. LOL Wow.. Well I guess I am "Number 7". Lucky Me! But it does make more sense now that looking at the definition. It is a Chronic infection (which Fibromyalia does create these) that effects the gums and bones. Bacteria and The Body's own Immune System break down the bone and connective tissue that hold the teeth. Which with Fibromyalgia, our Immune System is always all kinds of "Crazy"!
Oh course you can not have any of these diseases, or any other health issues and wind up with Periodontitis. It happens. But I know from lots of reading, researching and living with Fibromyalgia, that it is "Very Possible"!
I would sure like to know what others with these 2 diseases are experiencing.
Have a Blessed Day.
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cetaphil moisturizer, and started using the black soap which is apparently helping. I started a vegetarian diet and eat mainly the same foods daily to monitor anything for allergies. I stopped taking the pill 3 days ago and I am optimistic. I am hoping others have had positive experiences.
- Skin rash in diclofenac potassium
After a car accident in 2011 I took Diclofenac for back & shoulder off and on for about a year. During that time I developed random spots usually on my arms and legs that itch severely and sometimes get infected. I still suffer from the itchy spots and I am DESPERATE for a cure for my agony. I haven't taken the medicine for over a year but the itchy spots still come and go.
More reviews for: Percocet, Rash
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- not itchy. appears on stomach, sides, back, chest & hips. noticed after a painful bowel movement due to anal fissure. also ate random selection of food at buffer a couple hours prior. very light red. ability to "write on skin" (noticed when itching occured). not sure if itching was due to anxiety of ...
- had a procedure to melt and remove fat from abdomen ... used versed IV as anaesthesia, wasn't very effective, had a lot of pain and memory of procedure. Rash developed on my face around mouth, nose, and eyes ... getting worse over past 18 months.
- I was on Chantix for the "allotted" time through the Air Force. It was not long enough so I stopped taking it (sweating stopped) After about 3 months, I was able to get Chantix through the mail from the military and as soon as I reached a stable blood level (I'm assuming it was because of the level ...
- I have what seems like a very moderate to severe reaction to the antibiotic Avelox. My doctor said the reaction is called "Red Man Syndrome". All I know is my skin turns red, is tender to the touch and my heart races. It was a very scary reaction.
- I have times, about once per week where I can't stay awake. This will last about 2 days. During this time I'm taking less percocet. I have been on 10/325mg for about 5 years. max of 6 per day. I never abuse them and they work well for pain.
More related studies for: Percocet, Rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.