Review: could Percocet cause Stomach pain (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Stomach pain is found among people who take Percocet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 24,291 people who have side effects while taking Percocet from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,478 have Stomach pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Percocet and have Stomach pain >>>
Percocet has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Percocet 26,450 users)
Stomach pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression.(latest reports from Stomach pain 76,969 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 24,280 people reported to have side effects when taking Percocet. Among them, 1,293 people (5.33%) have Stomach Pain.
Time on Percocet when people have Stomach pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach pain||25.64%||12.82%||2.56%||12.82%||30.77%||12.82%||2.56% |
Age of people who have Stomach pain when taking Percocet * :
|Stomach pain||0.00%||0.18%||2.29%||11.24%||13.53%||19.29%||24.68%||28.79% |
Severity of Stomach pain when taking Percocet ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stomach pain||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stomach pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stomach pain||25.00%||25.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (268 people, 20.73%)
- Anxiety (80 people, 6.19%)
- Osteoporosis (80 people, 6.19%)
- Multiple myeloma (76 people, 5.88%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (72 people, 5.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (390 people, 30.16%)
- Oxycontin (286 people, 22.12%)
- Aspirin (281 people, 21.73%)
- Lasix (272 people, 21.04%)
- Aredia (259 people, 20.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Stomach Pain while taking Percocet?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Percocet and have Stomach Pain
- support group for people who take Percocet
- support group for people who have Stomach Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Percocet, Stomach pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Why does my urine smell bad?
urine has very strong fowel odor. smells like rotting meat. very concentrated and cloudy and dark color.
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis? (2 responses)
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated disks in My back only. Now with all the findings, there are 7 Herniated disks from My neck to My lower back.
Also since 2010, I was diagnosed with Periodontitis and have been losing all of My teeth in the top of My mouth.
I am 44 yrs old now, have been on disability for the last 4 years. I am down to 6 teeth in the top of My mouth, since having 1 removed just last week. They are telling Me that 3 more need to come out, and I am trying not to sink into total depression, especially since these are now My front teeth. I have a appointment today for a Denture Exam.
I started researching today to see if this Periodontitis is related to either My Spinal Stenosis or My Fibromyalgia. Especially since I once again looked up the definition for Periodontitis. Which States;
**Periodontal Disease and Bone Health. Periodontitis is a chronic infection that affects the gums and the bones that support the teeth. Bacteria and the body's own immune system break down the bone and connective tissue that hold teeth in place.
Of course with My disease of Spinal Stenosis and the bone loss as well as the nerve narrowing, I thought the breaking down of the bone in the gums might have a connection. Research didnt find any linking.
Now with Fibromyalgia, research showed 6 out of 17 thousand that they found. LOL Wow.. Well I guess I am "Number 7". Lucky Me! But it does make more sense now that looking at the definition. It is a Chronic infection (which Fibromyalia does create these) that effects the gums and bones. Bacteria and The Body's own Immune System break down the bone and connective tissue that hold the teeth. Which with Fibromyalgia, our Immune System is always all kinds of "Crazy"!
Oh course you can not have any of these diseases, or any other health issues and wind up with Periodontitis. It happens. But I know from lots of reading, researching and living with Fibromyalgia, that it is "Very Possible"!
I would sure like to know what others with these 2 diseases are experiencing.
Have a Blessed Day.
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cetaphil moisturizer, and started using the black soap which is apparently helping. I started a vegetarian diet and eat mainly the same foods daily to monitor anything for allergies. I stopped taking the pill 3 days ago and I am optimistic. I am hoping others have had positive experiences.
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so paragard was the only BC choice for me it caused me alot of bleeding issues I went 3monyhs on one straight period. So my Dr put me on norethindrone acet. To stop periods all together which caused all of my issues above to subside, apparently my hormones where the cause of my issues. I love the paragard an norethindrone combination!!!!
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptoms mostly went away except for the dizziness which would only happen if I bent over. By July it was hard to look at food at all. This went on for an entire year, every day. The VA, which was taking care of me, diagnosed me with a bad gall bladder. It was finally taken out in Sept. Unfortunately it did me no good.
On March 20, 2014, I took myself off this medication. Five days later the symptoms started to lift.
More reviews for: Percocet, Stomach pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- For approximately the last six months I've been getting a sporadic sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. However, the past two weeks I haven't been taking the vitamins I usually take, but started taking them again yesterday. Today I've been in pain which I haven't had for the past two weeks. L-Carn ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I was on Chantix for the "allotted" time through the Air Force. It was not long enough so I stopped taking it (sweating stopped) After about 3 months, I was able to get Chantix through the mail from the military and as soon as I reached a stable blood level (I'm assuming it was because of the level ...
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
More related studies for: Percocet, Stomach pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.