Percocet and Water retention - from FDA reports
Water retention is found among people who take Percocet, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Water retention with Percocet. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,400 people who have side effects when taking Percocet from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 20, 2017
40,400 people reported to have side effects when taking Percocet.
Among them, 190 people (0.47%) have Water retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Percocet when people have Water retention *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Percocet *:
- female: 72.11 %
- male: 27.89 %
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Percocet *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.03 %
- 40-49: 16.35 %
- 50-59: 27.67 %
- 60+: 50.94 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (20 people, 10.53%)
- High Blood Pressure (13 people, 6.84%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (12 people, 6.32%)
- Multiple Myeloma (12 people, 6.32%)
- Depression (12 people, 6.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (51 people, 26.84%)
- Xanax (38 people, 20.00%)
- Oxycontin (34 people, 17.89%)
- Lyrica (33 people, 17.37%)
- Cymbalta (29 people, 15.26%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (61 people, 32.11%)
- Weight Increased (44 people, 23.16%)
- Weakness (44 people, 23.16%)
- Oedema Peripheral (44 people, 23.16%)
- Nausea (38 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Water retention when taking Percocet?
- Check symptoms - is water retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWater retention and drugs with ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWater retention and Percocet from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Percocet has active ingredients of acetaminophen; oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Percocet 43,778 users)
Water retention has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 39,871 Water retention patients).
Browse all side effects of Percoceta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Water retentionWater retention
Could your condition cause Water retentionWater retention
What would happen?
Questions to the study
acute onset numbness , weakness, and gait abnormalities over year ago, other abnormal sensations/functions and pain came on later, symptoms involving mostly sensory and autonomic with some motor persist but fluctuate. have a hard time controlling and dealing with the pain especially. sometimes ...
User reviews to the study
I have been off and on percs the last 9 months . No more than three 15's a day .... Developed tingling and numbness about 6 months ago ... Have been off of them 10 days now . How long does this numbness last
Hi! I've been taking Diltiazem for 2 weeks now and noticed some swelling in my ankles and feet. Should I be concerned? It's Friday and to late to call my Dr. And want to make sure I'll be ok till Monday. Thanks!
I am waiting for Hyperparathyroid surgery. I have taken Furosemide for several years because of swollen ankles. The fluid caused blisters to form from my ankles to mid calf. The blisters have almost all gone but I am still left with fluid right up to the top of my shins and really dry and ...