Review: could Phenergan cause Chronic glaucoma (Glaucoma)?
Summary: Chronic glaucoma is found among people who take Phenergan, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Zometa, and have Prophylaxis.
We study 12,428 people who have side effects while taking Phenergan from FDA and social media. Among them, 90 have Chronic glaucoma. Find out below who they are, when they have Chronic glaucoma and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Phenergan and have Chronic glaucoma >>>
Phenergan has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. (view latest outcomes from 13,027 users)
Chronic glaucoma (long lasting damage to eye leads vision loss) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, diabetes, depression.(latest reports from Chronic glaucoma 17,069 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 12,422 people reported to have side effects when taking Phenergan. Among them, 90 people (0.72%) have Chronic Glaucoma.
Time on Phenergan when people have Chronic glaucoma * :
Age of people who have Chronic glaucoma when taking Phenergan * :
|Chronic glaucoma||0.00%||0.00%||1.23%||1.23%||1.23%||44.44%||7.41%||44.44% |
Severity of Chronic glaucoma when taking Phenergan ** :
How people recovered from Chronic glaucoma ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (12 people, 13.33%)
- Nausea (10 people, 11.11%)
- Osteoporosis (9 people, 10.00%)
- Pain (9 people, 10.00%)
- Metastases to bone (8 people, 8.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (54 people, 60.00%)
- Aredia (44 people, 48.89%)
- Neurontin (36 people, 40.00%)
- Levaquin (35 people, 38.89%)
- Gabapentin (35 people, 38.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Chronic Glaucoma while taking Phenergan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Phenergan and have Chronic Glaucoma
- support group for people who take Phenergan
- support group for people who have Chronic Glaucoma
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can an im phenergan injection cause neuropathy, where the injection was given?
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Neuropathy, and takes Phenergan)
I was given a phenergan injection in PACU. Once I was discharged and home, I felt numbness in my leg where the injection was given. I called my MD and was told the numbness was from the position my leg was in during surgery. It has now been 5 months and my upper thigh has neuropathy. Can Phenerga ...
- Can phenergan caulse lung problems like pulmary fribrosis (1 answer)
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Pulmonary Fibrosis, and takes Loperamide Hydrochloride And Simethicone, Phenergan )
took these drugs 2 days then 6 months lateri have pulmonary fibrosis is there any connection?
- My dr. prescribed me phergan. how common is weight gain on this drug?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, and takes Phenergan)
A Dr. prescribed me Phenergan and Potassium CL ER today. I read online that Phenergan can cause weight gain. Have any of you been on Phenergan, and if so have you experiences any weight gain or other symptoms I should be made aware of? Thank you in advance.
- Parkinsonism from promethazine
(Asked by a 92 year old man who has Parkinsonism - Secondary, and takes Phenergan)
side effects of phenergan 12.5 mg daily causing parkinsonism
- Is there a link between forteo and macular holes?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Glaucoma, Macular Hole, and takes Forteo)
My 82 year old mother has osteoporosis and was taking Forteo for several years (stopped taking aprox. 2 1/2 years ago) She also has Glaucoma. She recently developed a macular hole and just had surgery to correct it. Is there any link between Forteo and macular holes or other vision problems? We a ...
More questions for: Phenergan, Chronic glaucoma
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Thyroid Disorder, Glaucoma, High Blood Pressure, and takes Oxycodone, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Travatan, Vytorin, Baby Aspirin)
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues (3 responses)
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Aortic Valve Disease, Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Depression, Insomnia, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Deficiency - Vitamin D, Migraine With Aura, Anxiety, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and takes Opana Er, Norco, Temazepam, Lorazepam, Coreg Cr, Benicar, Norvasc, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lamictal, Lexapro, Phenergan)
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Husband died from depakene
(Posted by a 64 year old man who has Valproic Induced Hyperammonemia Encephalopathy, and takes Phenergan)
My husband took Depakene and Mysoline (Phenobarital) for 28 years. No hospital or physician checked his ammonia levels during these years. Ammonia levels needed to be checked every 6 months when taking Valproic Acid.
As the result of no ammonia levels taken, he suffered from moderate severe a ...
More reviews for: Phenergan, Chronic glaucoma
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a patient with Depression. The patient has Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss)
Comments: Also experiencing chest pain sweating headache neckache and now my body is pooping out my tabs without dissolving them and always after tummy pains and lots of wind and with an explosive watery motion. ( excuse the detail ) .
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Remeron, Lunesta, Neurontin, Phenergan, Norco, Baclofen, Bactrim Ds, Cymbalta for a patient with PTSD, Insomnia, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Nausea And Vomiting, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Muscle Spasticity, Mrsa Infection, Depression. The patient has Pain Of Skin, Fever, Blisters
Comments: Was diagnosed with MRSA following neck surgery. I had been on vancomycin 2g twice a day via IV. My trough levels were not reaching "therapeutic" levels so I was switched to Bactrim DS in late July. Wound is still open and painful. About three days ago I noticed blisters on my chest. I had shingles t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Pravachol, Doxycycline, Advair Diskus 100/50, Prednisone, Promethazine, Sulindac, Lopressor for a patient with Insomnia, High Blood Cholesterol, Knee Joint Replacement, Eosinophilic Pneumonia, Gastroparesis, Arthritis, Svt. The patient has Butterfly Rash, Eosinophilic Pneumonia, Fatigue, Fever, Joint Pain
Comments: I had a partial knee replacement on 5/19/14. Developed a high fever 5/24/14. Was taken back for emergency wash out and was admitted to the hospital 4 days treated with IV Vancomycin then sent home with a PICC line and IV Daptamycin. I then developed eosinophilic pneumonia from the Daptamycin. I was ...
More related studies for: Phenergan, Chronic glaucoma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.