Home > Phenergan > Drug abuse > Phenergan and Drug abuse
Review: could Phenergan cause Drug abuse (Drug Abuse And Dependence)?
Summary: Drug abuse is found among people who take Phenergan, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 12,422 people who have side effects while taking Phenergan from FDA and social media. Among them, 49 have Drug abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Phenergan and have Drug abuse >>>
Phenergan (latest outcomes from 13,023 users) has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea.
Drug abuse (latest reports from 61,447 patients) has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 12,419 people reported to have side effects when taking Phenergan. Among them, 185 people (1.49%) have Drug Abuse.
Time on Phenergan when people have Drug abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug abuse||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Phenergan * :
|Drug abuse||0.00%||0.00%||2.50%||18.12%||32.50%||36.25%||8.12%||2.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (59 people, 31.89%)
- Anxiety (22 people, 11.89%)
- Nausea (17 people, 9.19%)
- Depression (16 people, 8.65%)
- Back pain (10 people, 5.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (87 people, 47.03%)
- Demerol (66 people, 35.68%)
- Xanax (60 people, 32.43%)
- Stadol (57 people, 30.81%)
- Ambien (56 people, 30.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Abuse while taking Phenergan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Phenergan and have Drug Abuse
- support group for people who take Phenergan
- support group for people who have Drug Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can an im phenergan injection cause neuropathy, where the injection was given?
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Neuropathy, and takes Phenergan)
I was given a phenergan injection in PACU. Once I was discharged and home, I felt numbness in my leg where the injection was given. I called my MD and was told the numbness was from the position my leg was in during surgery. It has now been 5 months and my upper thigh has neuropathy. Can Phenerga ...
- Can phenergan caulse lung problems like pulmary fribrosis
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Pulmonary Fibrosis, and takes Loperamide Hydrochloride And Simethicone, Phenergan )
took these drugs 2 days then 6 months lateri have pulmonary fibrosis is there any connection?
- My dr. prescribed me phergan. how common is weight gain on this drug?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, and takes Phenergan)
A Dr. prescribed me Phenergan and Potassium CL ER today. I read online that Phenergan can cause weight gain. Have any of you been on Phenergan, and if so have you experiences any weight gain or other symptoms I should be made aware of? Thank you in advance.
- Parkinsonism from promethazine
(Asked by a 92 year old man who has Parkinsonism - Secondary, and takes Phenergan)
side effects of phenergan 12.5 mg daily causing parkinsonism
- Can nortriptyline help with suboxone withdrawal
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Addiction - Drug, and takes Suboxone, Clonazepam, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride)
My Dr just prescribed me nortriptyline for stress induced migraines, nausea, vomiting, and stomach pains. She knows about all my meds but the suboxone I'm not prescribed them I get them from a friend. I've been on the suboxone for about 5 years now and can't handle the withdrawals but I've gone from ...
More questions for: Phenergan, Drug abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Aortic Valve Disease, Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Depression, Insomnia, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Deficiency - Vitamin D, Migraine With Aura, Anxiety, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and takes Opana Er, Norco, Temazepam, Lorazepam, Coreg Cr, Benicar, Norvasc, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lamictal, Lexapro, Phenergan)
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Husband died from depakene
(Posted by a 64 year old man who has Valproic Induced Hyperammonemia Encephalopathy, and takes Phenergan)
My husband took Depakene and Mysoline (Phenobarital) for 28 years. No hospital or physician checked his ammonia levels during these years. Ammonia levels needed to be checked every 6 months when taking Valproic Acid.
As the result of no ammonia levels taken, he suffered from moderate severe a ...
More reviews for: Phenergan, Drug abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Zomig, Zanaflex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Topamax, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Armour Thyroid for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Pain Management, Complicated Migraine, Muscle Spasms, Hypertension, Migraine Prophylaxis, Stress And Anxiety, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Hair Loss, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia - Hemolytic, Rash Macular, Weight Decreased, Abdominal Distension, Fecal Incontinence, Bile Duct Pressure Increased, Muscle Aches, Muscle Twitching, Numbness And Tingling, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Tachycardia Irregular, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Abdominal Neoplasm, Bone And Joint Pain, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine
Comments: Have constant pain in knees, feet, toes, hands, arms, neck and back. Cannot sleep because I wake up constantly with shooting pain in neck, feet, knees, including tingles and numbness. Left side is worse; includes some drooling and paralysis at times. History of colitis and recent IPIN neiplasms f ...
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Fluticasone Propionate, Clonazepam, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a patient with Nausea From Irritable Bowel Syndrome, General Physical Condition, Sinus Congestion, Muscle Fascillations, Sleeplessness, Anxiety, Muscle Pain. The patient has Recurring Mutiple Mouth Sores
Comments: I was taking 30 mg of Cymbalta once a day for about 6 months for muscle pain and it worked like a dream. Then I started having recurrent multiple mouth sores. I was afraid it was due to the Cymbalta, so I stopped taking it about 3 weeks ago. I had horrible withdrawal symptoms, so my doctor put m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Actemra, Promethazine Hydrochloride, Topiramate - 50MG, Propranolol Hydrochloride - 20MG, Simvastatin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fluconazole, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride - EQ 10MG BASE, Hydrochlorothiazide, Spironolactone, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Metformin Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Alendronate Sodium, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Pilocarpine Hydrochloride, Sumatriptan Succinate, Imitrex Statdose, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, CoQ-10, Krill Oil, Latanoprost for a patient with Giant Cell Arteritis, Nausea And Vomiting, Migraine Prophylaxis, Essential Tremor, High Blood Cholesterol, Moderate Pain, Severe Pain From Kidney Stones, Major Depression, Candidiasis, Pitting Oedema, Insomnia, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Osteoporosis Prophylaxis, Chronic Gastritis, Stroke Prophalaxis, Dry Mouth, Migraine, Intractable Migraine, Ehlers-danlos Syndrome Type 3, Gca And Eds And Chiari (post Surgery), Glaucoma Suspect/high Intra-occular Pressure. The patient has Tocilizumab And Simvistatin
Comments: Giant cell arteritis means I must take prednisone. Prednisone has caused other diseases which then have to be treated, and I already had migraines, kidney stones, asthma, dishydrotic eczema, essential tremor, Ehlers-danlos Syndrome, etc.
During the middle of all this they discovered Chiari (many sy ...
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with Adhd. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Appetite Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Drug Addiction
Comments: If you have problems with drug addictions, this is probably not the drug for you. I am looking into natural alternatives (phosphatidyl serine) because although there are definite benefits to this medication, I feel that over time it will definately cause a dependence. Already after only 3 weeks, I f ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nubain, Phenergan, Decadron for a patient with Wrist Pain. The patient has Nubain, Phosphenes, Decadron, Dystonia Aggravated, Vomiting Aggravated, Faecal Incontinence, Defaecation Urgency, Short-term Memory Loss
Comments: I have advanced Rheumatoid Arthritis. My Left wrist swelled painfully. Had a negative X-ray so Dr (fully informed for current drug regimens and allergies--Aspirin, Penicillin, Thoradamides, Ornate, Iodine, Latex) Within 5-10 min of getting 2 shots containing: Nubain, Phenergan, and Decadron, I prese ...
More related studies for: Phenergan, Drug abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.