Review: could Phenergan cause Heartburn (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Heartburn is found among people who take Phenergan, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prilosec, and have Nausea.
We study 12,428 people who have side effects while taking Phenergan from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Heartburn. Find out below who they are, when they have Heartburn and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Phenergan and have Heartburn >>>
Phenergan has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. (view latest outcomes from 13,027 users)
Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Heartburn 10,552 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 12,422 people reported to have side effects when taking Phenergan. Among them, 38 people (0.31%) have Heartburn.
Time on Phenergan when people have Heartburn * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Heartburn when taking Phenergan * :
Severity of Heartburn when taking Phenergan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Heartburn ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nausea (10 people, 26.32%)
- Pain (9 people, 23.68%)
- Hallucination, auditory (4 people, 10.53%)
- Intervertebral disc degeneration (4 people, 10.53%)
- Glossitis (4 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (13 people, 34.21%)
- Percocet (12 people, 31.58%)
- Lasix (11 people, 28.95%)
- Propulsid (9 people, 23.68%)
- Buspar (8 people, 21.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heartburn while taking Phenergan?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Phenergan and have Heartburn
- support group for people who take Phenergan
- support group for people who have Heartburn
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started omeprazole which after taking it for about 2 weeks,I didn't realize that I was stressing and having anxiety due to this drug. but it kept taking it . I got worse and worse every time I tried to do something I would get terrible anxiety and depression and frustration and then I realized that there must be something about this drug that was causing it and I quit taking it. I felt a definite difference when I quit taking it I was not quite so stressed didn't have anxiety I'm still withdrawing from it but I feel like I'm a whole lot better than I would not recommend this to anyone
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
- How many people suffered by gastro intestianal upset by taking paliperidone palmitate?
paliperidone and antacid combonation used??
can anybody tell these combination is apprpriate to take??
details about palaiperidone palmita?
advere effects of paliperidone palmitate?
- Can an im phenergan injection cause neuropathy, where the injection was given?
I was given a phenergan injection in PACU. Once I was discharged and home, I felt numbness in my leg where the injection was given. I called my MD and was told the numbness was from the position my leg was in during surgery. It has now been 5 months and my upper thigh has neuropathy. Can Phenergan do this?
More questions for: Phenergan, Heartburn
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice, low grade nausea. have had multitude of tests - ie. EGD's, monometry, transesophageal (with transmitter to determine extent of now reflux) Have to eat small amounts of food at a time. Have lost 23 lbs. Affects my every day life - difficult to talk on phone, talking in groups - just limit my socialization. Could not work if I wanted to with voice. Throat is constantly sore.
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of headache as soon as I drank the mixture. Symptoms then disappear within a couple of minutes and I was fine for the rest of the day.
This has been getting worse every morning, until this morning (day 5) where I had to kneel down and focus on breathing.
I can't drink it anymore, my chest hurts and it gets quite scary.
I usually don't eat a lot of garlic anyway, I don't really like it. I'm assuming it's the garlic creating the reaction, as lemon and honey are part of my daily diet.
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients have. Appears to affect the upper teeth.
Crohns diagnosed at the age of 39. Moderate to severe.
Dentists state the problem is the use of prednisone and having Crohn.
More reviews for: Phenergan, Heartburn
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- I just started taking the Percocet and the Klonopin. I have taken Klonopin before and have never noticed the Acid Reflux. Whilst I have had Acid Reflux in the past, Omeprazole has always cleared it up if taken daily. Omeprazole and other medications like it are doing nothing, even with the addition ...
- History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
More related studies for: Phenergan, Heartburn
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.