Review: could Phenergan cause Heartburn?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Severity ratings: 3.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 12,351 people who take Phenergan. Among them, 37 have Heartburn. See who they are, when they have Heartburn and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Phenergan (latest outcomes from 12,991 users) has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea, nausea and vomiting. Commonly reported side effects of Phenergan include nausea, nausea aggravated, nausea and vomiting, pain exacerbated, acupuncture and pain.
Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) (latest reports from 43,343 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, acupuncture and pain, high blood cholesterol, depression.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 11,865 people reported to have side effects when taking Phenergan. Among them, 37 people (0.31%) have Heartburn.
Time on Phenergan when people have Heartburn * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Heartburn when taking Phenergan * :
Severity of Heartburn when taking Phenergan ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Heartburn ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nausea (10 people, 27.03%)
- Pain (9 people, 24.32%)
- Glossitis (4 people, 10.81%)
- Vomiting (4 people, 10.81%)
- Intervertebral disc degeneration (4 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (13 people, 35.14%)
- Percocet (12 people, 32.43%)
- Lasix (11 people, 29.73%)
- Propulsid (9 people, 24.32%)
- Aciphex (8 people, 21.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Phenergan, Heartburn
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Phenergan (promethazine hydrochloride) is often used for nausea. Find out below the conditions Phenergan is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Phenergan used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Phenergan side effects from A to Z:
Browse Phenergan drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Trying to figure out if my symptoms are related to medications I am taking or due to chronic fatigue syndrome which I have been diagnosed with and maybe fibromyalgia or lumbar stenosis or MS.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Phenergan, Heartburn
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Husband died from depakene
My husband took Depakene and Mysoline (Phenobarital) for 28 years. No hospital or physician checked his ammonia levels during these years. Ammonia levels needed to be checked every 6 months when taking Valproic Acid.
As the result of no ammonia levels taken, he suffered from moderate severe a ...
More reviews for: Phenergan, Heartburn
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Tramadol, Alprazolam, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prempro, Carafate, Celexa, Treximet, Promethegan, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Heartburn - Chronic, Pain, Anxiety And Stress, Blood Pressure Increased, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Hormone Level Abnormal, Migraine, Nausea, Muscle Strain. The patient has Nausea, Pain Exacerbated, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Migraine, Hormone Level Abnormal, Low Thyroid (Hypothyroidism), Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Mucinex Dm, Unisom, Zyrtec Allergy, Promethazine, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Bystolic, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Xanax, Halcion, Wellbutrin Xl, Cymbalta, Nuvigil for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Allergy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Sinus Headache, Nevus Araneus, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Insomnia, Depression, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The patient has Knee Pain, Neck Pain, Sudden Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Panic Attacks (Panic disorder), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Nail Picking, Fever, Headache, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Weight Loss - Unintentional (Weight Decreased), Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Numbness And Tingling, Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Neaseous
More related studies for: Phenergan, Heartburn
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.