Phenergan and Heartburn - from FDA reports
Heartburn is found among people who take Phenergan, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Heartburn with Phenergan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,864 people who have side effects when taking Phenergan from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
17,864 people reported to have side effects when taking Phenergan.
Among them, 586 people (3.28%) have Heartburn
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Phenergan when people have Heartburn *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10 %
- 10+ years: 10 %
Gender of people who have Heartburn when taking Phenergan *:
- female: 77.16 %
- male: 22.84 %
Age of people who have Heartburn when taking Phenergan *:
- 0-1: 0.2 %
- 2-9: 0.2 %
- 10-19: 3.0 %
- 20-29: 6.2 %
- 30-39: 8.4 %
- 40-49: 19.2 %
- 50-59: 29.0 %
- 60+: 33.8 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (76 people, 12.97%)
- Stress And Anxiety (75 people, 12.80%)
- Multiple Myeloma (67 people, 11.43%)
- Depression (46 people, 7.85%)
- Metastases To Bone (44 people, 7.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (215 people, 36.69%)
- Zofran (182 people, 31.06%)
- Aredia (168 people, 28.67%)
- Protonix (166 people, 28.33%)
- Neurontin (155 people, 26.45%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (299 people, 51.02%)
- Pain (261 people, 44.54%)
- Back Pain (209 people, 35.67%)
- Weakness (205 people, 34.98%)
- Depression (202 people, 34.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Heartburn when taking Phenergan?
- Check symptoms - is heartburn caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHeartburn and drugs with ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeartburn and Phenergan from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Phenergan has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. (latest outcomes from Phenergan 18,779 users)
Heartburn has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,260 Heartburn patients).
Browse all side effects of Phenergana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HeartburnHeartburn
Could your condition cause HeartburnHeartburn
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...
Age 65, have IBS-C with GERD since 1982. Now that I have serious pain issues and vicodin was reformulated into garbage, I am being told to take dilaudid which is causing the IBS to worsen, especially the GERD as I can control the constipation with Miralax and fiber.