Review: could Phentermine cause Blood in stool?
Summary: Blood in stool is reported only by a few people who take Phentermine.
We study 10,970 people who have side effects while taking Phentermine from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Blood in stool. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood in stool and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Phentermine and have Blood in stool >>>
Phentermine has active ingredients of phentermine hydrochloride. It is often used in weight loss. (latest outcomes from Phentermine 13,016 users)
Blood in stool
Blood in stool has been reported by people with irritable bowel syndrome, ill-defined disorder, depression, weight loss, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Blood in stool 3,126 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 10,970 people reported to have side effects when taking Phentermine. Among them, 5 people (0.05%) have Blood In Stool.
Time on Phentermine when people have Blood in stool * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood in stool||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood in stool when taking Phentermine * :
|Blood in stool||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Blood in stool when taking Phentermine * :
|Blood in stool||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||20.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Blood in stool when taking Phentermine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood in stool||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood in stool ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood in stool||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Weight loss (1 people, 20.00%)
- Migraine (1 people, 20.00%)
- Birth control (1 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 20.00%)
- Insomnia (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pondimin (3 people, 60.00%)
- Adipex (1 people, 20.00%)
- Redux (1 people, 20.00%)
- Imitrex (1 people, 20.00%)
- Trazodone hydrochloride (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Justin G (3 years ago):
I am 28 years old I have been on phentermine for the last month and and 2 or 3 weeks. In the last month i started noticing blood in my stool but it was very painful so i wrote it off as Hemerroids and or a fisher. This pain and blood has now been going on for over a month. The pain is begining to subside as i think the hemerroid and or fisher is healing. But the blood has gotten worse. I still have a week or 2 left of my perscription. I am Just going to stop taking it and hope that the bleeding stops. I am extremely scared cause i have never had this much blood before. I only say that because i have had hemerroids or a fisher before but they never lasted this long either. I am extremely worried. And i cannot afford to go to the dr right now.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood In Stool while taking Phentermine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Phentermine and have Blood In Stool
- support group for people who take Phentermine
- support group for people who have Blood In Stool
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i safely use phentermine with my existing cardiomyopathy
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Cardiomyopathy - Dilated, and takes Phentermine)
I need to know if it is safe to use duromine(phentermine) while having the above heart condition
- Does klonopin counteract phentermine?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who takes Phentermine, Klonopin)
does klonopin counteract phentermine? i have taken phentermine before while not taking any other medications and it really worked for me but not its not working and i think my klonopin is counteracting it.
- Has anyone seen an immuniologist for granuloma annulare, if so what was the outcome?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Granuloma Annulare, and takes Zetia, Effexor Xr, Topamax , Levothyroxine Thyroid, Phentermine)
I have had granuloma annulare for over a year now. However it has spread like wildfire the last 2 months. It starte out on hands and arms, but is now on 40% of my trunk, back, sholders, legs. I have tried all meds and topucals. I am wondering if anyone has been to an Immuniologist for tretment since it is considered an autoimmune disease? If so, what was outcome?
- taking laquinal form mixed connective tissue disoder (ra, sojgins & scleroderma) but have ganed alot of weight. could i safely take phertermin appetite suppressent for a short term (6 months or less
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Sjogren's Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scleroderma, and takes Phentermine)
Taking Plaquenil for Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder (RA, Sojogrens & Scleroderma) but I have gained a lot of weight. Could I safely take Phentermine appetite suppressant for a short term (6 months or less)?
- Can phentermine worsen prostate cancer
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Overweight, and takes Phentermine)
I have prostate cancer and am 50 lbs overweight Will phentermine make the cancer worse?
More questions for: Phentermine, Blood in stool
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Taking phentermine likely caused our baby to have anencephaly.
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Anencephaly, Anencephaly Of Baby, and takes Phentermine)
I used Phentermine for a few months prior to my wedding in December 2013. I ceased taking the phentermine in December 2013 after my honeymoon. In January 2014 my husband and I conceived a baby boy. This was our first child together and we and our families and friends were elated with excitement. At 9 months I had my first ultrasound where you can clearly see our baby's skull was not closed. The on/gyne who took the ultrasound did not diagnose the anencephaly or alert us, instead he referred us to the maternal fetal department at our local hospital. A month later I had another ultrasound performed at the maternal fetal department and was immediately informed and shown that our baby has anencephaly and an abortion was required. The only medication I took prior to pregnancy was phentermine prescribed by my primary care provider. I believe the phentermine is chemically composed similar to Adderral and should have the same warnings. I also believe phentermine causes a mother to be anemic and unable to provide a baby en utero the necessary nutrition for healthy growth. Had I been informed of the risk, I would never have taken this medication. Our baby died at 14 weeks after we were forced through the anguish and torturous of a late term abortion which is against our beliefs. I am now pregnant again, this time with a healthy baby.
- Trigeminal neuralgia after use of phentermine (2 responses)
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Phentermine)
I am insulin resistant, unable to lose weight w/diet and exercise. Started us of Phentermine for about 6 days and had increasing symptoms of abscess tooth. Went to dentist, was not a tooth, he thought it was a sinus infection. Antibiotics did not work. My PCP gave me more antibiotics. Did not work. Went to ENT- scoped sinus. It was not my sinuses. Told to take different antibiotics if pain came back. IT DID! Took those, went back to dr- Worse still. Dx with TMJ, given muscle relaxers. That did not work. Pain continued intense. Unable to chew, wear glasses, move my hair, sleep on that side of head. Dx w/Trigeminal Neuralgia. This started with the Phentermine. I want to know if anyone else has suffered this?!
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Weight Control, Menstruation Irregular, Hirsutism, Seasonal Allergy, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and takes Effexor Xr, Phentermine, Spironolactone, Loestrin 24 Fe, Zyrtec)
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
More reviews for: Phentermine, Blood in stool
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a patient with Weight Loss - Intentional. The patient has Slurred Speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand)
Comments: I have been on Phentermine for 24 days. I have noticed, in the past few days, that I have bad slurred speech. Trouble pronouncing words, that are easy. I usually am very well spoken. I am a professional and manage my own business. I am on the phone, a lot and dealing face to face, with clients. I wa ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Phentermine for a patient with Anxiety And Stress, Obesity. The patient has Fainting, Tunnel Vision, Dizziness, Low Blood Pressure
Comments: I have had these symptoms when I have gone 3-4 days off of the phentermine. I have had other symptoms when I forgot to take my venlafaxine but those are surely from not taking them because after taking them I feel those symptoms dissappear shortly thereafter.
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a patient with Weight Loss. The patient has Heart Attack
Comments: I haven't taken Phentermine today, but I have experienced heart pain on and off about 3 times I have noticed while at work from 8:00AM - 10:30AM (8/19/14). Is this another side affect or should I be worried? Do I need to take an aspirin? The only symptoms I am experiencing is an occasional heart-rol ...
More related studies for: Phentermine, Blood in stool
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.