Home > Phentermine > Cough > Phentermine and Cough
Review: could Phentermine cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Phentermine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Pondimin, and have Pain.
We study 10,959 people who have side effects while taking Phentermine from FDA and social media. Among them, 117 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Phentermine and have Cough >>>
Phentermine (latest outcomes from 12,995 users) has active ingredients of phentermine hydrochloride. It is often used in obesity.
Cough (latest reports from 73,998 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 10,959 people reported to have side effects when taking Phentermine. Among them, 116 people (1.06%) have Cough.
Time on Phentermine when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Phentermine * :
Age of people who have Cough when taking Phentermine * :
Severity of Cough when taking Phentermine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (4 people, 3.45%)
- Depression (2 people, 1.72%)
- Weight loss (2 people, 1.72%)
- Weight control (1 people, 0.86%)
- Loss of appetite (1 people, 0.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pondimin (106 people, 91.38%)
- Redux (37 people, 31.90%)
- Fastin (21 people, 18.10%)
- Prozac (16 people, 13.79%)
- Paxil (15 people, 12.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough while taking Phentermine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Phentermine and have Cough
- support group for people who take Phentermine
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Caugh taking velicade but been taking for long time just starting cough
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Cough, and takes Velcade)
Been taking Velicade for 5 yrs never had problems before. Being treated for MM
- Can i safely use phentermine with my existing cardiomyopathy
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Cardiomyopathy - Dilated, and takes Phentermine)
I need to know if it is safe to use duromine(phentermine) while having the above heart condition
- Does klonopin counteract phentermine?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who takes Phentermine, Klonopin)
does klonopin counteract phentermine? i have taken phentermine before while not taking any other medications and it really worked for me but not its not working and i think my klonopin is counteracting it.
- Has anyone seen an immuniologist for granuloma annulare, if so what was the outcome?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Granuloma Annulare, and takes Zetia, Effexor Xr, Topamax , Levothyroxine Thyroid, Phentermine)
I have had granuloma annulare for over a year now. However it has spread like wildfire the last 2 months. It starte out on hands and arms, but is now on 40% of my trunk, back, sholders, legs. I have tried all meds and topucals. I am wondering if anyone has been to an Immuniologist for tretment since ...
- taking laquinal form mixed connective tissue disoder (ra, sojgins & scleroderma) but have ganed alot of weight. could i safely take phertermin appetite suppressent for a short term (6 months or less
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Sjogren's Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scleroderma, and takes Phentermine)
Taking Plaquenil for Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder (RA, Sojogrens & Scleroderma) but I have gained a lot of weight. Could I safely take Phentermine appetite suppressant for a short term (6 months or less)?
More questions for: Phentermine, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Taking phentermine likely caused our baby to have anencephaly.
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Anencephaly, Anencephaly Of Baby, and takes Phentermine)
I used Phentermine for a few months prior to my wedding in December 2013. I ceased taking the phentermine in December 2013 after my honeymoon. In January 2014 my husband and I conceived a baby boy. This was our first child together and we and our families and friends were elated with excitement. ...
- Trigeminal neuralgia after use of phentermine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Phentermine)
I am insulin resistant, unable to lose weight w/diet and exercise. Started us of Phentermine for about 6 days and had increasing symptoms of abscess tooth. Went to dentist, was not a tooth, he thought it was a sinus infection. Antibiotics did not work. My PCP gave me more antibiotics. Did not work. ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Sore Throat, Cough, and takes Mucinex Dm)
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
More reviews for: Phentermine, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a patient with Weight Loss - Intentional. The patient has Slurred Speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand)
Comments: I have been on Phentermine for 24 days. I have noticed, in the past few days, that I have bad slurred speech. Trouble pronouncing words, that are easy. I usually am very well spoken. I am a professional and manage my own business. I am on the phone, a lot and dealing face to face, with clients. I wa ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Drug Addiction. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Fever, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Stomach Discomfort (pain in abdomen), Sinus Headache (headache caused by sinus infections), Allodynia (other pain), Cough
Comments: Began 3 weeks ago with congestion and coughing. Nausea followed, then fever and sinus pressure. Allodynia is the most recent symptom. Has a history of shingles, however the pain has lasted more than 5 days without any blistering or rashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Xifaxan, Lidocaine, Vitamin D, Nasonex, Vitamin B12, Zenpep, Zomig, Nuvaring, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-25, Phenergan for a patient with Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Abdominal Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, Allergic Sinusitis, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pancreas Transplant Rejection, Migraine, Birth Control, Anxiety Disorder, Neck Injury, Hypertension, Pain - Abdomen, Postoperative Adhesion, Nausea Postoperative. The patient has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Abdominal Bloating, Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth, Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Migraine, Joint Stiffness, Diarrhoea Post-operative, Reflux Gastritis, Neck Pain, Abdominal Pain, Chest Tightness, Sore Throat, Cough, Nausea Post-operative, Malaise, Chills, Night Sweats, Fever
Comments: History of comets Pancreas divisum, chronic & recurrent acute pancreatitis, gastric bile reflux
20+ ERCP/panc stents/sphincterotomies
Total Pancretectomy with auto islet cell transplant/splenectomy
Sub colectomy (80% of colon removed)
More related studies for: Phentermine, Cough
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.