Review: could Phentermine cause Diarrhea?
Summary: Diarrhea is found among people who take Phentermine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xenical, and have Pain.
We study 10,970 people who have side effects while taking Phentermine from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Phentermine and have Diarrhea >>>
Phentermine has active ingredients of phentermine hydrochloride. It is often used in lipids abnormal. (view latest outcomes from 13,009 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Diarrhea 137,983 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 10,959 people reported to have side effects when taking Phentermine. Among them, 26 people (0.24%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Phentermine when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Phentermine * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Phentermine * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Phentermine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (11 people, 42.31%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 11.54%)
- Pain exacerbated (3 people, 11.54%)
- Fibromyalgia (2 people, 7.69%)
- Weight decreased (2 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xenical (12 people, 46.15%)
- Valium (11 people, 42.31%)
- Celebrex (11 people, 42.31%)
- Flonase (10 people, 38.46%)
- Vioxx (10 people, 38.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Phentermine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Phentermine and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Phentermine
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Phentermine, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Taking phentermine likely caused our baby to have anencephaly.
I used Phentermine for a few months prior to my wedding in December 2013. I ceased taking the phentermine in December 2013 after my honeymoon. In January 2014 my husband and I conceived a baby boy. This was our first child together and we and our families and friends were elated with excitement. At 9 months I had my first ultrasound where you can clearly see our baby's skull was not closed. The on/gyne who took the ultrasound did not diagnose the anencephaly or alert us, instead he referred us to the maternal fetal department at our local hospital. A month later I had another ultrasound performed at the maternal fetal department and was immediately informed and shown that our baby has anencephaly and an abortion was required. The only medication I took prior to pregnancy was phentermine prescribed by my primary care provider. I believe the phentermine is chemically composed similar to Adderral and should have the same warnings. I also believe phentermine causes a mother to be anemic and unable to provide a baby en utero the necessary nutrition for healthy growth. Had I been informed of the risk, I would never have taken this medication. Our baby died at 14 weeks after we were forced through the anguish and torturous of a late term abortion which is against our beliefs. I am now pregnant again, this time with a healthy baby.
- Trigeminal neuralgia after use of phentermine (2 responses)
I am insulin resistant, unable to lose weight w/diet and exercise. Started us of Phentermine for about 6 days and had increasing symptoms of abscess tooth. Went to dentist, was not a tooth, he thought it was a sinus infection. Antibiotics did not work. My PCP gave me more antibiotics. Did not work. Went to ENT- scoped sinus. It was not my sinuses. Told to take different antibiotics if pain came back. IT DID! Took those, went back to dr- Worse still. Dx with TMJ, given muscle relaxers. That did not work. Pain continued intense. Unable to chew, wear glasses, move my hair, sleep on that side of head. Dx w/Trigeminal Neuralgia. This started with the Phentermine. I want to know if anyone else has suffered this?!
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems like my hair is thinning. My skin is drying out or becoming considerably less elastic.
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to stomach alcohol and had to quit....or had other reactions to gemfibrozil and alcohol use. My depression is becoming severe. I have life changes as well, so I can't figure if it is the drug. Had to take it as my triglycerides were over 900. They are now down to 250. Thanks
More reviews for: Phentermine, Diarrhea
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I have been on various SSRI drugs over the years of suffering Bipolar2. Recently I was prescribed Paxil and within 3 weeks was suffering chronic diarrhea after a very sudden onset. I carried on suffering and then decided to come off of the Paxil. I do not have insurance and have weened myself off of ...
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- Have taken Synthroid for over 25 years, but my current medical insurance will only approve the generic, and I can no longer afford to pay for Synthroid, so I decided to try the generic Levothyroxine. Since I have been using it, I have severe diarrhea.
- Onset of nausea and diarrhea this past Friday slept most of Friday thru Sunday. Went to work on Monday with continuation of symptoms then started with chills. Sent home with fever low grade 99.6 . Stayed home Tuesday &Wednesday and have done nothing but sleep no fever since Monday all symptoms conti ...
More related studies for: Phentermine, Diarrhea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.