Review: could Phentermine cause Dry eye (Dry eyes)?
Summary: Dry eye is reported only by a few people who take Phentermine.
We study 11,022 people who have side effects while taking Phentermine from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Dry eye. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry eye and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Phentermine and have Dry eye >>>
Phentermine has active ingredients of phentermine hydrochloride. It is often used in weight loss. (latest outcomes from 13,054 Phentermine users)
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, acne, depression. (latest reports from 12,466 Dry eye patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 11,022 people reported to have side effects when taking Phentermine. Among them, 3 people (0.03%) have Dry Eye.
Time on Phentermine when people have Dry eye * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry eye||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00 |
Gender of people who have Dry eye when taking Phentermine * :
|Dry eye||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Phentermine * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Dry eye when taking Phentermine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Dry eye ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Weight gain (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Didrex (1 people, 33.33%)
- Tenuate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Adipex-p (1 people, 33.33%)
- Phentermine hydrochloride (1 people, 33.33%)
- Percocet (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Eye while taking Phentermine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Phentermine and have Dry Eye
- support group for people who take Phentermine
- support group for people who have Dry Eye
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Lovastatin, Losartan for a 39-year old woman with Appetite - Decreased, Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of side effects of Adipex-p for a 38-year old woman with Weight Loss. The patient has Chest Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Libido, Weight Gain, Supraventricular Tachycardia, Tired Eyes, Red Eyes, Dry Eyes, Glaucoma, Blurred Vision, Watery Eyes
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a 66-year old man with Weight Loss. The patient has Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Seasonique, Phentermine for a 29-year old woman with Birth Control, Weight Loss. The patient has Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
Recent Phentermine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.