Review: could Phentermine cause Eye twitch (Eyelid twitch)?
Summary: Eye twitch is reported only by a few people who take Phentermine.
We study 10,970 people who have side effects while taking Phentermine from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Eye twitch. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye twitch and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Phentermine and have Eye twitch >>>
Phentermine has active ingredients of phentermine hydrochloride. It is often used in lipids abnormal. (view latest outcomes from 13,009 users)
Eye twitch (eyelid twitching is spontaneous and uncontrolled spasms of the muscles) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Eye twitch 1,805 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 10,959 people reported to have side effects when taking Phentermine. Among them, 5 people (0.05%) have Eye Twitch.
Time on Phentermine when people have Eye twitch * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye twitch||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Eye twitch when taking Phentermine * :
|Eye twitch||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Eye twitch when taking Phentermine * :
|Eye twitch||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Eye twitch when taking Phentermine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye twitch||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eye twitch ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eye twitch||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 40.00%)
- Weight decreased (1 people, 20.00%)
- Low back pain (1 people, 20.00%)
- Fluid retention (1 people, 20.00%)
- Multiple allergies (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lamictal (2 people, 40.00%)
- Klonopin (2 people, 40.00%)
- Abilify (2 people, 40.00%)
- Phentermine hydrochloride (1 people, 20.00%)
- Xanax (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eye Twitch while taking Phentermine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Phentermine and have Eye Twitch
- support group for people who take Phentermine
- support group for people who have Eye Twitch
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my eye twitch be because of lexapro?
So I have had symptoms of anxiety and depression due to a lot of stressors and disasters that happened in my life over the past two years. As my anxiety got worse after a breast biopsy, I started freaking out and thinking I may have MS because my sister has MS. So I went to my GP and she decided my symptoms do not follow the symptoms of MS or any similar problem and it should most likely be anxiety. She put me on Lexapro and Clonazepam. At first I was very hesitant to take medication but as my symptoms got worse I decided to give it a try. I was on Lexopro 5 mg for about two months and then I went to 10 mg, and I would take 1 or 2 Clonazepam a day. And this all started 5 months ago. And things seemed to be working just fine.Until about two months ago I started having this freaking annoying eye twitch on my upper left eyelid. I have had eye twitches before but they always go away after a couple of days or a week top. This one has been lasting for 2 months now and seems to be just getting worse. I went to the GP and my eye doctor and they still found no cause and said it's probably stress and anxiety. I have not been overly stressed and I get plenty of sleep, 10 hrs or more! and I stopped taking caffeine and alcohol after the twitch started. Any idea? Could it be because of medication? I also need to add I have had thumb twitching and severe spasms in my muscles around my right thumb starting in May (before taking any medication).
- Can i safely use phentermine with my existing cardiomyopathy
I need to know if it is safe to use duromine(phentermine) while having the above heart condition
- Does klonopin counteract phentermine?
does klonopin counteract phentermine? i have taken phentermine before while not taking any other medications and it really worked for me but not its not working and i think my klonopin is counteracting it.
- Has anyone seen an immuniologist for granuloma annulare, if so what was the outcome?
I have had granuloma annulare for over a year now. However it has spread like wildfire the last 2 months. It starte out on hands and arms, but is now on 40% of my trunk, back, sholders, legs. I have tried all meds and topucals. I am wondering if anyone has been to an Immuniologist for tretment since it is considered an autoimmune disease? If so, what was outcome?
- taking laquinal form mixed connective tissue disoder (ra, sojgins & scleroderma) but have ganed alot of weight. could i safely take phertermin appetite suppressent for a short term (6 months or less
Taking Plaquenil for Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder (RA, Sojogrens & Scleroderma) but I have gained a lot of weight. Could I safely take Phentermine appetite suppressant for a short term (6 months or less)?
More questions for: Phentermine, Eye twitch
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Taking phentermine likely caused our baby to have anencephaly.
I used Phentermine for a few months prior to my wedding in December 2013. I ceased taking the phentermine in December 2013 after my honeymoon. In January 2014 my husband and I conceived a baby boy. This was our first child together and we and our families and friends were elated with excitement. At 9 months I had my first ultrasound where you can clearly see our baby's skull was not closed. The on/gyne who took the ultrasound did not diagnose the anencephaly or alert us, instead he referred us to the maternal fetal department at our local hospital. A month later I had another ultrasound performed at the maternal fetal department and was immediately informed and shown that our baby has anencephaly and an abortion was required. The only medication I took prior to pregnancy was phentermine prescribed by my primary care provider. I believe the phentermine is chemically composed similar to Adderral and should have the same warnings. I also believe phentermine causes a mother to be anemic and unable to provide a baby en utero the necessary nutrition for healthy growth. Had I been informed of the risk, I would never have taken this medication. Our baby died at 14 weeks after we were forced through the anguish and torturous of a late term abortion which is against our beliefs. I am now pregnant again, this time with a healthy baby.
- Trigeminal neuralgia after use of phentermine (2 responses)
I am insulin resistant, unable to lose weight w/diet and exercise. Started us of Phentermine for about 6 days and had increasing symptoms of abscess tooth. Went to dentist, was not a tooth, he thought it was a sinus infection. Antibiotics did not work. My PCP gave me more antibiotics. Did not work. Went to ENT- scoped sinus. It was not my sinuses. Told to take different antibiotics if pain came back. IT DID! Took those, went back to dr- Worse still. Dx with TMJ, given muscle relaxers. That did not work. Pain continued intense. Unable to chew, wear glasses, move my hair, sleep on that side of head. Dx w/Trigeminal Neuralgia. This started with the Phentermine. I want to know if anyone else has suffered this?!
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
More reviews for: Phentermine, Eye twitch
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- I have been on Phentermine for 24 days. I have noticed, in the past few days, that I have bad slurred speech. Trouble pronouncing words, that are easy. I usually am very well spoken. I am a professional and manage my own business. I am on the phone, a lot and dealing face to face, with clients. I wa ...
- I take the following doses of the above listed meds: vyvanse 70mg duloxetine 60mg klonopin 1mg 3xday as needed, levothyroxin 100mcg lamicatal 200 mg. My PCP suspects seratonin syndrome as I have all of the symptoms. Daily, I constantly get an electrical shock feeling in my brain when moving my eyes. ...
- i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- I have had these symptoms when I have gone 3-4 days off of the phentermine. I have had other symptoms when I forgot to take my venlafaxine but those are surely from not taking them because after taking them I feel those symptoms dissappear shortly thereafter.
More related studies for: Phentermine, Eye twitch
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.