Review: could Phentermine cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Phentermine, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Seroquel, and have Weight loss.
We study 11,022 people who have side effects while taking Phentermine from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Phentermine and have High blood sugar >>>
Phentermine has active ingredients of phentermine hydrochloride. It is often used in weight abnormal. (latest outcomes from 13,058 Phentermine users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,128 High blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 11,019 people reported to have side effects when taking Phentermine. Among them, 7 people (0.06%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Phentermine when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Phentermine * :
|High blood sugar||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Phentermine * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||57.14%||14.29%||14.29%||14.29%||0.00% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Phentermine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Weight control (3 people, 42.86%)
- Depression (2 people, 28.57%)
- Bipolar disorder (1 people, 14.29%)
- Growth hormone deficiency (1 people, 14.29%)
- Weight loss (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (4 people, 57.14%)
- Celexa (2 people, 28.57%)
- Trazodone hcl (2 people, 28.57%)
- Lexapro (2 people, 28.57%)
- Prozac (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of phentermine and high blood sugar on
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Phentermine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Phentermine and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Phentermine
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Adipex-p for a 38-year old woman with Weight Loss. The patient has Chest Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a 50-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a 66-year old man with Weight Loss. The patient has Drowsiness
- A study of side effects of Butrans for a 56-year old woman with Pain. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level
Recent Phentermine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.