Home > Phentermine > Mitral valve prolapse > Phentermine and Mitral valve prolapse
Review: could Phentermine cause Mitral valve prolapse?
Summary: Mitral valve prolapse is found among people who take Phentermine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Pondimin, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 10,959 people who have side effects while taking Phentermine from FDA and social media. Among them, 70 have Mitral valve prolapse. Find out below who they are, when they have Mitral valve prolapse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Phentermine and have Mitral valve prolapse >>>
Phentermine (latest outcomes from 12,995 users) has active ingredients of phentermine hydrochloride. It is often used in obesity.
Mitral valve prolapse
Mitral valve prolapse (heart's mitral valve doesn't work well) (latest reports from 3,349 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, depression, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 10,959 people reported to have side effects when taking Phentermine. Among them, 70 people (0.64%) have Mitral Valve Prolapse.
Time on Phentermine when people have Mitral valve prolapse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mitral valve prolapse||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mitral valve prolapse when taking Phentermine * :
|Mitral valve prolapse||91.86%||8.14% |
Age of people who have Mitral valve prolapse when taking Phentermine * :
|Mitral valve prolapse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.75%||15.62%||34.38%||21.88%||9.38% |
Severity of Mitral valve prolapse when taking Phentermine ** :
How people recovered from Mitral valve prolapse ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 2.86%)
- Weight control (1 people, 1.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pondimin (56 people, 80.00%)
- Redux (24 people, 34.29%)
- Fastin (24 people, 34.29%)
- Fenfluramine (9 people, 12.86%)
- Ionamin (9 people, 12.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mitral Valve Prolapse while taking Phentermine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Phentermine and have Mitral Valve Prolapse
- support group for people who take Phentermine
- support group for people who have Mitral Valve Prolapse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i safely use phentermine with my existing cardiomyopathy
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Cardiomyopathy - Dilated, and takes Phentermine)
I need to know if it is safe to use duromine(phentermine) while having the above heart condition
- Does klonopin counteract phentermine?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who takes Phentermine, Klonopin)
does klonopin counteract phentermine? i have taken phentermine before while not taking any other medications and it really worked for me but not its not working and i think my klonopin is counteracting it.
- Has anyone seen an immuniologist for granuloma annulare, if so what was the outcome?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Granuloma Annulare, and takes Zetia, Effexor Xr, Topamax , Levothyroxine Thyroid, Phentermine)
I have had granuloma annulare for over a year now. However it has spread like wildfire the last 2 months. It starte out on hands and arms, but is now on 40% of my trunk, back, sholders, legs. I have tried all meds and topucals. I am wondering if anyone has been to an Immuniologist for tretment since ...
- taking laquinal form mixed connective tissue disoder (ra, sojgins & scleroderma) but have ganed alot of weight. could i safely take phertermin appetite suppressent for a short term (6 months or less
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Sjogren's Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Scleroderma, and takes Phentermine)
Taking Plaquenil for Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder (RA, Sojogrens & Scleroderma) but I have gained a lot of weight. Could I safely take Phentermine appetite suppressant for a short term (6 months or less)?
- Is glutathione and l carnitine safe to use when you have mitrwl valve prolapse and kidney stones?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Prolapse, Kidney Stones, and takes Fluoxetine, Clonazepam)
I am 47 and in dire need of an effective weight loss supplement.Desperate to get a sound advice please.thank you!
More questions for: Phentermine, Mitral valve prolapse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Taking phentermine likely caused our baby to have anencephaly.
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Anencephaly, Anencephaly Of Baby, and takes Phentermine)
I used Phentermine for a few months prior to my wedding in December 2013. I ceased taking the phentermine in December 2013 after my honeymoon. In January 2014 my husband and I conceived a baby boy. This was our first child together and we and our families and friends were elated with excitement. ...
- Trigeminal neuralgia after use of phentermine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Phentermine)
I am insulin resistant, unable to lose weight w/diet and exercise. Started us of Phentermine for about 6 days and had increasing symptoms of abscess tooth. Went to dentist, was not a tooth, he thought it was a sinus infection. Antibiotics did not work. My PCP gave me more antibiotics. Did not work. ...
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Weight Control, Menstruation Irregular, Hirsutism, Seasonal Allergy, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and takes Effexor Xr, Phentermine, Spironolactone, Loestrin 24 Fe, Zyrtec)
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Aortic Valve Disease, Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Depression, Insomnia, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Deficiency - Vitamin D, Migraine With Aura, Anxiety, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and takes Opana Er, Norco, Temazepam, Lorazepam, Coreg Cr, Benicar, Norvasc, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lamictal, Lexapro, Phenergan)
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
More reviews for: Phentermine, Mitral valve prolapse
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a patient with Weight Loss - Intentional. The patient has Slurred Speech (slow speech that can be difficult to understand)
Comments: I have been on Phentermine for 24 days. I have noticed, in the past few days, that I have bad slurred speech. Trouble pronouncing words, that are easy. I usually am very well spoken. I am a professional and manage my own business. I am on the phone, a lot and dealing face to face, with clients. I wa ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Phentermine for a patient with Anxiety And Stress, Obesity. The patient has Fainting, Tunnel Vision, Dizziness, Low Blood Pressure
Comments: I have had these symptoms when I have gone 3-4 days off of the phentermine. I have had other symptoms when I forgot to take my venlafaxine but those are surely from not taking them because after taking them I feel those symptoms dissappear shortly thereafter.
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a patient with Weight Loss. The patient has Heart Attack
Comments: I haven't taken Phentermine today, but I have experienced heart pain on and off about 3 times I have noticed while at work from 8:00AM - 10:30AM (8/19/14). Is this another side affect or should I be worried? Do I need to take an aspirin? The only symptoms I am experiencing is an occasional heart-rol ...
More related studies for: Phentermine, Mitral valve prolapse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.